animated object converted from 3dsmax invisible in CK and game

greekrage

This is a rotating radar dish that i found on the net...

It was passed through Elrich and then textured etc,, in Nifskope...

It works fine in nifskope (even animation works)... but its invisible in game and CK...

Is there something else i have to do to make it compatible ?

Weird thing is that i made 2 versions but with the second i added 4 reflectors around it in 3dsmax to hide the originals feet so i can mount it to a ship mast and THOSE PARTS show in the CK and in Game.

What am i missing or need to do ?

In the pic below you see the second version that only shows the 4 reflectors in game and CK... The original is totally invisible...

xT08nC.jpg

when bones are used, the meshes that are skinned on them should not be linked to anything other than the bones. If your entire model has a skeleton, then the entire hierarchy is on the bones and the meshes are not connected to each other. When a model is partially animated with bones, the skinned meshes must be separated from the model's hierarchy. Otherwise, these meshes will disappear in the render.

Based on the diagram, I am assuming the the 4 vertically oriented arrays are static, and the top horizontally oriented array is the array the rotates. If so, you could forego using bones altogether. It would be relatively straightforward to have the pole and horizontal array rotate. . Don't forget to add in the collision aspects.

Edited by pepperman35

hehe you missed the part where i said i used a model i downloaded... I didnt make this model aside from the 4 reflectors..

The first attempt was strictly the original model set up with materials in 3dsmax that still didnt show in CK and game ( ive learned to pre-color with all models i export )

I did find a different approach as usual though...

I used the animated desk fan and replaced the moving parts on the z axis and removed the rest...

https://youtu.be/RQXWQK0Sj8Q

Edited by greekrage

Nice kit bash by the way. I liked the other radar better as it seems more suiting to marine operations. I would think a 360 degree sweep would be more better for marine operations.

yep youre 100% right...thats why im not happy with it...

Going to make one from scratch (ck) and use the other axis of rotation...

Btw do i slow it down buy increasing time ?

Are all faces triangulated? Quads don't work (show)

Could be a texture issue.

Does it have any 'modifiers' (you need to convert it to a mesh first, if that's the case)

Would you share the file, so I can have a look to see if I can find anything wrong?

Edited by RoNin1971