animated object converted from 3dsmax invisible in CK and game

greekrage

Are all faces triangulated? Quads don't work (show)

Could be a texture issue.

Does it have any 'modifiers' (you need to convert it to a mesh first, if that's the case)

Would you share the file, so I can have a look to see if I can find anything wrong?

thanks for the offer but i moved on from it...(it wasnt a really realistic model to begin with )... I made my own with a proper reflector and lnb... It rotates using a animated fan setup as template (using the blade axis and tilted 90 degrees)...

vkQoEZ.jpg

a lit

why not do the animation in max?

a little over my head for now...Dont forget i just started using max about a month ago and mostly for exporting... :tongue:

Edited by greekrage

a lit

why not do the animation in max?

a little over my head for now...Dont forget i just started using max about a month ago and mostly for exporting... :tongue:

I feel ya.

Using blender myself for pretty much everything (even exporting to nif), just using 3DS for creating and exporting collisions. Don't feel much for re-learning everything with 3DS. (& an old version at that)

Rotating or moving stuff up/down, left/right is fairly easy with just nifskope (creating gamebryo style animations)

or maybe I should say not more complex as with blender or 3DS.

I did a baccelors degree to learn all I know about 3d stuff lol, but most of it you can learn in 1/10th the time off youtube, no joke. tutorials on there are very comprehensive. Still, if you wanna know stuff about Autodesk maya ask away or generalized stuff about 3d modelling and animation, I used to teach people how to do digital art and animation :P

I did a baccelors degree to learn all I know about 3d stuff lol, but most of it you can learn in 1/10th the time off youtube, no joke. tutorials on there are very comprehensive. Still, if you wanna know stuff about Autodesk maya ask away or generalized stuff about 3d modelling and animation, I used to teach people how to do digital art and animation :tongue:

I'm a self teaching amateur ;) Started with Autodesk 3D Studio R2 - R4 (yes, the pre-windows stuff ;) ), back in the nineties. Did a lot of modeling and animating back then. Mostly involving anything Star Wars. Even had my own website "Star Wars 3D Modeling Alliance". Anybody could join and share his models there, as well as various art made with them. Until it all came crashing down. Literally, as the HDD got crashed during transport of our server (another guy had a server he offered for the site to run on). Transport was needed as the provider wanted more money. The price of running a popular website.

Haven't done much 3D since. Tried a bit with modding for a few RTS games, but never really succeeded. Until I tried again for Fallout 4 a few years back.

Things have changed a lot since. Well, not changed, but expanded is more accurate. So I have a lot to (re-)learn, but as you say, nowadays we have tons of good tutorials on youtube, amongst others. (hardly had any 20-30 years ago)

...and a billion specialized tools to use.

Ouch, yeh, sever providers back in the day were very slack.

The real ouch was that there was no backup. The guy who owned and managed the server didn't create one and I only had the website (mysql, php, the works) but not all of the uploaded files (way to much) Same for the guy who helped me out maintaining the site & moderating the forum. Without those files there was no use continuing (adding on the trouble with the bandwith usage as well)

Edited by RoNin1971