[Offer] 3d artist willing to make simple stuff free. ask away.

Fernicles

Great. I'll throw something together you might use, like the texture (and some alternatives) + mesh, for some size reference. (I'll export it as an obj, unless you prefer a blender file)

I have a second version of the texture which is a bit more smooth & wet looking, which I use for the stalactites I have sofar, I'll include that one too.

I'll include one of the ground meshes/textures you see with the tunnel as well. (these are 2 pieces of 3x3 tiles, using a 4K texture each. I have 4 different versions of those, all 4 connect seamless (to eachother and themselves) and come with a heightmap too, for displacement.

& I have a lot of rocks & cliffs, not all use the above texture, so I'll see if I can include some of those.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Definitely getting there :wink:

Still @work so I can't access my files yet. I'll upload those later.

edit:

Alright, here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dX2jC1xzqzNNp1jUPBoxFxgNTP-lsfjB/view?usp=sharing

It contains the corner & tunnel parts (2 floor & 1 tunnel wall piece) and I included a few industrial catwalks from the game for some size reference. (Its bigger as it looks, since it needs to fit a wide hall piece from the vaultTec dlc.)

+ 7 of my diffuse maps. 2 floors in both color settings 1 rocky floor/wall piece (CaveRock05) in brown (I have a greyish one too) the one from the tunnel, the one I use for my stalactites, a brown wall & a "white" one.

Pretty much all variations I currently have.

Although I should add non of this is final yet. (at the very least I still need to do all the specular maps, but I might have to do some more fine tuning on the textures and colors.)

edit:

They/it doesn't need to touch any ceilings though, as some (most) of my halls are huge (the main cave being some 30+ meters high) and I need them for scattering around, breaking the floor, giving that cave feeling, etc. & I'm going to make 'm scrappable,

So players can get them out of the way of their building project (& get some concrete in return or something).

I could create some 'example' images for the cave as it is right now to get an idea of the size, since I already created one using retextured versions of the rock, cave & cliff meshes from the game, but I decided to create my own a while ago.

edit2: Ok, No retexture. Looks like I no longer have the associated material swaps, so its all "vanilla" (& DARK, so you won't really see anyway :laugh: ) - the new cave will be similar in size but surely look quite different (better, I hope ;) )

Especially the paths need better meshes. (& without the retexture they look worse as they are all just brown dirt)

52537461-1673990264.png

Edited by RoNin1971

Im making a bunch of stuff in the same vein so im sure you'll find some stuff of use :tongue:

I'll do a color matched version to the textures you supply and probably a yellowy/limestone version because eh someone might like em. And they should all be pretty modular if you wanna make them bigger, smaller or whatevs.

Edit:

Actually having had a look at it, texture wise, it might be best if I make a greyscale texture which you can apply to your own particular texture, that way it can just be put in a layer over the top of the other texture to provide light/dark stuff and texturing. seems the most flexible way for color and theme matching it.

Edited by Fernicles

Im making a bunch of stuff in the same vein so im sure you'll find some stuff of use :tongue:

I'll do a color matched version to the textures you supply and probably a yellowy/limestone version because eh someone might like em. And they should all be pretty modular if you wanna make them bigger, smaller or whatevs.

Edit:

Actually having had a look at it, texture wise, it might be best if I make a greyscale texture which you can apply to your own particular texture, that way it can just be put in a layer over the top of the other texture to provide light/dark stuff and texturing. seems the most flexible way for color and theme matching it.

Sounds good to me

Ooookay, got these ones done, any particular requests, just doing highpoly models first then ill bake some maps and reduce it so you got normals and stuff for more detail with less poly. was thinking a big stepped waterfall formation thing for usage like along one wall. and some barrier types, a mix of broken rock and stalagmites to create cover and control movement.

fpaUT5B.jpg

Edited by Fernicles

Can you please make a piece of toast?

I looked around before after you posted your request, but still can't find a decent picture to use (top down & sides).

Can you make a piece of toast (for real) and photgraph it? (All sides)

If so, I can turn that into a mesh for you.

edit:

I tried myself but I have the wrong type of toaster for this.

Edited by RoNin1971

Ok, so... Zorkas, heres your Toast. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef2z2xuvl30yif3/Toast.rar?dl=0

It miiight have accidentaly been textured in 4k. lol.

1JivIyL.jpg

Dont worry Ronin, lol I dont mind, your rocks are getting there, all unwrapped but only done one rock so far, working my way through them. :tongue:

Edit: if I dont see a toaster weapon come out imma be dissapointed, just sayin, cos my toaster is lethal lol.

Edited by Fernicles