[Offer] 3d artist willing to make simple stuff free. ask away.

Fernicles

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooookay, got these ones done, any particular requests, just doing highpoly models first then ill bake some maps and reduce it so you got normals and stuff for more detail with less poly. was thinking a big stepped waterfall formation thing for usage like along one wall. and some barrier types, a mix of broken rock and stalagmites to create cover and control movement.

Any new developments yet?

I was just pretty successful in today's experiment myself. Attempting to create a big one, using a tileable texture (left<->right) and a height/displacement map based on a picture. Applied to a conic cylinder (of initially 1.5m tri's) decimated to just under 6K tri's. Still needs some fine tuning and it still needs a top part, but as I said, it was an experiment to see if I could get it all to work as I intended & it worked out quite well, imho:

52537461-1678658950.png

I'm looking for a 2nd (me being the first) 3D modeller to join my mod project that involves "pre waring" a small area of Cambridge. You can check out my current progress on my mod profile, you'll mostly have to do roads or just repairing existing destroyed assets. Let me know if you're interested!

If this offer is still good, I'd like the vanilla feral ghoul models skinned to the standard human skeleton. No modifications needed save for what it takes to make them fit. It'd be perfection if I could get the basic sack hood swapped to use the feral ghoul skeleton, too.

If this offer is still good, I'd like the vanilla feral ghoul models skinned to the standard human skeleton. No modifications needed save for what it takes to make them fit. It'd be perfection if I could get the basic sack hood swapped to use the feral ghoul skeleton, too.

Hard to tell. He/she hasn't been online again since the 7th of Februari.

I just hope nothing bad has happened.

Ugh, sorry, medical stuff, many emergency room visits, Thhheeen i got sucked into the world of AI art generation... still alive, just picking stuff back up and trying to remember where I was at before i had to go live in the hospital for a bit :<

The hardest part with reducing tri counts is that no program does it sensibly, you have to plan it all out before hand and do a few things to make sure that the edges of things arent completely borked, that your UV's don't suddenly overlap and a whole buncha other stuff.

I work with stuff thats around 400,000 poly and reduce down to 5k 'ish depending on how important the model is. the less huge and the less conspicuous it is the less poly it needs, hell if you would normally have a part of it embedded in a wall, you may as well delete those hidden faces too, saves on performance.

-legitimately tell me this isn't so cool XD

https://imgur.com/a/sYaNFKf

Edited by Fernicles

Wow, I hate to be right. May your recovery be swift & complete (if possible).

Your right about the triangle reduction being tricky as blender doesn't do a perfect job. At times it creates these weird spots with lots of overlapping tiny faces. So it always requires some manual correcting.

I usually do it in steps, as that helps. Using vertex groups helps too, although thats a bit tricky as its not fully implemented yet into blender. (you can't turn a group back into a selection yet for example)

I (re-) create my UV's after decimating the mesh & in case of the 3D scans, I bake the difuse map as well as a normal.

Works like a charm. Especially since those scans usually have a lot of tiny parts, which combine into bigger UV's.

Edited by RoNin1971