Faction warnings in CK: Safe to ignore?

iqoniq

I'm working on a mod and it involves two factions against one another, but both see the player as friendly. There is absolutely no interaction with the player (the player is just an observer), but I've added the player as an ally to both of them as they occasionally get aggroed by the player and turn on them instead despite there being an invisible wall separating them (stops player intervention). I didn't want to touch anything vanilla, so I've left them out the player factions. As expected the CK is now throwing up errors on loading the mod about the factions not being added to the player factions.

I've tested it in game, and there seems to be no negatives to it and it functions as expected. Having said that, there's obviously a reason for the warning (even if just to let the dev know about it), and I don't want to do anything that may kill the game at a later point.

So, as the topic title says, are these safe to ignore? If not can would adding the NPCs to the factions by script be a safe alternative so I can avoid editing the factions in the CK?

Thanks in advance.

I have experienced unpredictable behaviours with asymetric faction relationships so thats probably the warning.

When working with base game factions I always script reciprocals to avoid static edits:

pCaptiveFaction.SetAlly(pSKK_476HostileNPCFaction, abSelfIsFriendToOther = true, abOtherIsFriendToSelf = true)

I have experienced unpredictable behaviours with asymetric faction relationships so thats probably the warning.

When working with base game factions I always script reciprocals to avoid static edits:

pCaptiveFaction.SetAlly(pSKK_476HostileNPCFaction, abSelfIsFriendToOther = true, abOtherIsFriendToSelf = true)

I'll probably use something like that when needed. Thanks :)