DarNified UI 132

Altamosnar

Hi,
my fist post so far.
hope somebody can help with some issues i have with a mod called ACIDter's colorEd-DarkUIified-DarNified-UI v1.1 2.
#1 the text line spacing (see pict 1) is too little and the text size a bit too big.
#2 the description of the first item appears close to the second item and so forth.
#3 The item icons are super-tiny (hard to identify)
#4 the text of the markers on the map isn't placed on the background label, but below (see picture 2)
Where can i adjust line spaces, font sizes, icon sizes ?
i have to adjust everything manually, because i play the game using a cider wrapper (i'm on a Mac)

If you go to the Darnified UI nexus page, then there are instructions on how to avoid this issue.

Basically, Darnified UI needs custom fonts. In your case, oblivion is not using those custom fonts because you have not told it to do so.

To make oblivion access these fonts, you need to edit the oblivion.ini file under the [Fonts] section. See the spoiler below for the instructions.

3. Edit "My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini" to use the new fonts.

Normal fonts:
[Fonts]
SFontFile_1=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Regular.fnt
SFontFile_2=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_14.fnt
SFontFile_3=Data\Fonts\DarN_Kingthings_Petrock_16.fnt
SFontFile_4=Data\Fonts\DarN_Oblivion_28.fnt
SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt

Large fonts:
[Fonts]
SFontFile_1=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Regular.fnt
SFontFile_2=Data\Fonts\DarN_LG_Kingthings_Petrock_14.fnt
SFontFile_3=Data\Fonts\DarN_LG_Kingthings_Petrock_18.fnt
SFontFile_4=Data\Fonts\DarN_Oblivion_28.fnt
SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Handwritten.fnt

Thanks for the tip!

it worked only partially

I mass-replaced also:

<font> 2 to <font> 1

in all xml documents inside Data/menus/

the results are getting better…but aren't yet acceptable. See attachments. (Fonts inventory, tiny inventory icons, doubled header in inventory, Marker descriptions on Map)

…to be frankly, all what i wanted was a superb map overview with a nice coloration of my taste, nothing more, nothing less.

(i read also the DarNified UI installation docs, but they speak to windows users who use OBSE and other input tools i can't run with my Cider Wrapper on Mac. )

Edited by Altamosnar

Odd. To be honest im a windows user, so I cant be sure if this is a problem due to cider wrapper.

Which oblivion.ini did you edit for the fonts? Sometimes there are multiple versions. The correct one is in My Documents/ Games in windows. Wouldnt know how that is on the mac.

Another question is did you download the 7z archive version of the mod, or the omod version?

You could have also now have a bad install. How many times have you tried to reinstall/ deinstall the mod? And are you using any mod install utilities like Oblivion Mod Manager, or Wrye Bash (not sure if you can use these on the mac)?

Oh, thanks for helping, i fiddle around a while now with little results

1) i patched everything manually, because input methods like Oblivion Script Extender, Wrye Bash don't work with a Cider wrapper, i know this.

Maybe some data isn't updated/validated correctly because of this.

2) And yes, i edited the user .ini file located here: My Documents/My Games/Oblivion/

3) i used to patch Oblivion manually, applying the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, and over that the UOP italian pack. (i bought the game in Italy and speak also italian) The italian version of the DarNified UI wasn't working correctly initially, i had a bit of luck and intuition and added a file called: menus/darn/health_bar01.nif to Data/Meshes/ to get the mod working. After that i got a working UI with everywhere overlapping and bold letters. I fiddled around using zips from the original files to correct some values- getting the results you see in the second post here . (yes, 7z archive, omod files don't work with Cider)

4) see answer 1

would be very useful to have a config file to scale the icons and fonts by a factor value. Would this be possible ?

This font size issue seems to bother a lot of people as i googled around…

Edited by Altamosnar

Finally,

i found a good solution. I installed Xeru's Oblivion Interface Overhaul mod and this works (almost) like expected

Almost, because i cannot change fonts in there-i get the default ones, and thats not bad compared to the mess of the last UI mods i tried out.

Its pity that the default ones are only functional and really ugly.

I did the same procedure as ever: adding new fonts, and re-writing the Oblivion.ini file, not the default ini file.

The root of the problem seems the Cider wrapper, if you ask me. I say this, because I did a try with a Clean Oblivion (without Plugins) from my Backup folder. Same font stuff issue. Uff…