Help in adding a shrine in memory of my mom

VIIVII

Um hello. Not sure if this is the right spot, but it seemed the best spot.

Long story short my mom just passed away today. She was only 46 so it's a shock to say the least. In trying to process and rationalize what just happened I thought of all the things my mom and I shared. The biggest one was our love of video games. She was actually the one that got me into the elder scrolls with Morrowind and later when she bought me my own copy of Oblivion and Skyrim. It was this love of the elder scrolls that allowed us to connect even when things were rough.

So in honor of that I wanted to add a shrine in memory of her somewhere in the world of Skyrim and maybe the other games too. Once I get it figured out.

Mainly I just need some tips on how to do what I am trying to do. I know a little bit of how to do things in Creation Kit, but mainly just changing stats and so on. I have never really added anything to the world before. So any advice would appreciated.

Other than that. Thanks for reading, have a nice day and maybe call your parents and tell them you love them.

Start simple...

The shrine would likely be composed of a few static world objects placed in your chosen location. Once you know which objects to create, it should be a simple task using the CK (drag&drop, use obscure control keys to place/orient it properly).

You will likely want to add some writing. For that, I'd make a copy/clone of one of the objects so I can change the associated nif file. I'd change the nif to a copy of the original and assign a new texture. The texture itself would then be a copy of the original into which I'd photoshop or gimp the text/art.

To identify which objects to start from, I'd walk around until I find something that fits, use the console to find its hash, then use the CK to find the hash in the database.

Using objects that don't have special behavior makes it much simpler. I don't know how to properly clone things like altars.

Don't hesitate to ask for further instructions on any of these steps.

Um hello. Not sure if this is the right spot, but it seemed the best spot.

Long story short my mom just passed away today. She was only 46 so it's a shock to say the least. In trying to process and rationalize what just happened I thought of all the things my mom and I shared. The biggest one was our love of video games. She was actually the one that got me into the elder scrolls with Morrowind and later when she bought me my own copy of Oblivion and Skyrim. It was this love of the elder scrolls that allowed us to connect even when things were rough.

So in honor of that I wanted to add a shrine in memory of her somewhere in the world of Skyrim and maybe the other games too. Once I get it figured out.

Mainly I just need some tips on how to do what I am trying to do. I know a little bit of how to do things in Creation Kit, but mainly just changing stats and so on. I have never really added anything to the world before. So any advice would appreciated.

Other than that. Thanks for reading, have a nice day and maybe call your parents and tell them you love them.

First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that's devastating. Best thoughts to you and your family.

As far as your request, xkkmEL gives good info.

I think you could also right click on an existing shrine, it will duplicate, you can rename it and then find the correct blessing that's attached to it and duplicate that. make whatever changes you want.

If you'd like, I can probably make up something quick so you can see what is needed and you can use that as you'd like, change it, etc.

There's a "carved tablet mesh" used on the pilgrimage to High Hrothgar, that I can attach a message to. I can them just use some static items to make the shrine, put some offerings and some flowers around. You can then look at that tablet and see what I did and use it as a sort of tutorial.

I'll try to do it tonight (it's currently 2:53 pm so later tonight) and send you a mod download link with an esp. I'll tell you where I put it in game and tell you the names of what was used so you can make your own.

pm me a script (not computer script, what you'd like it to say) and I'll add that. Heck, let me know what city you'd like it in or near and I'll put it there so you can find it easily. Otherwise, I'll put outside of Whiterun.

Edited by Sovrath