Diablo style socket

necrodude

Diablo style sockets

Ok my english is not the best, so I stole some text from:

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Sockets

Some Diablo II items have sockets, in which magically infused gems, jewels or runes can be inserted to induce their magic powers to that item. These items will on themselves not provide any bonuses to a character.

How about the something similar for Fallout3? Small thingies that you can insert in your armour, for example a power overdrive node. Increases the running speed and strength of your power armour. Downside your power armour degrades faster.

Or a faster computer witch gives you a AP bonus when using it.

I got tons of ideas for items that could be used if there was a socket mod.

I think there should be different types of uppgrades for different types of armour.

For example Tech uppgrades for Power armours, combat armours, and low tech uppgrades for low tech armours. Like chicken fence for a leather armour whitch should increase the durability and DR for the armour.

What do you think? I think it is a cool idea. :thumbsup:

I agree, TGBlank.

Some armor (With the help of FOOK) Needs no modification what so ever.

It's interesting to DREAM about, but I wouldn't want to even know the time and effort required for that.

Ok my english is not the best

wow, your english isn't that great, but you can write Armour properly, that makes me happy. :)

One of the stopping points is that armor mod kits is terribly uninteresting, and finding generic modifications thatd apply for all

armors that have sense, flavor and a visual change, is pretty hard.

Well... I agree that visuals could be VERY hard to achieve, uninteresting, I dont agree at all. As an old Diablo player I think

that one of the biggest enjoyments of the game was crafting your gear, looking for runes, and gems, and so on.

It is fun to improve your gear. Micromanaging is fun. I think it could be fun to take a break from your quests and spend some more

time at your megaton house and use your lab and workbench.

Archived