An Immersive game music overhaul

UrbanViking

So i am an absolute music lover of many different types and i would love there to be a mod in skyrim with a very large amount of music (enough so I dont get tired of the music quickly as i play skyrim a lot atm). I would make this mod myself although i literally have never made any mods and im just a mod user. I'd want the music to be mostly lore friendly except maybe some folk metal for battle music. I know nothing about modding but i dont think that making a music mod would be as hard as some other things and if anyone likes this idea and would be able to make such a mod please contact me.

Here is a couple links to the type of music i would want in the mod, if anyone contacts me about making this i will send them a extensive list of songs and albums which would be both lore friendly and improve the skyrim experience immensely. I listen to folk music and folk metal as some of my favourite genres and if someone decides to make this mod we can work together to select which music to pick.

Allright heres the links, this first one is an entire album by an icelandic folk group which could be used for a whole variety of moments in skyrim.

Heres one by Adrian Von Ziegler who uploads his own folk music to youtube and a lot of his stuff would fit greatly into skyrim and he has over 250 videos uploaded to his channel

Some awesome classical music from composers like prokofiev would make fight scenes damn intense just listen to the first few minutes of this and think how cool it would to be hearing this while fighting something.

And lastly something maybe metally like this but this isnt as lore friendly as the rest of the songs here but it would still be good for skyrim so for those real immersive people the music like this if we decide to put in the mod could be optionally not added.

you dare to speak bad about the epic tes-intro? the music that barely got changed since back morrowind that i used to game like 15 years ago?? ... *goes-orc-berserk-rage*

fun aside, dude, with music you need to have the copyrights on the music. just because its on youtube doesnt mean its for free and you can simply smack it in a mod (even if it was uploaded by the artist him / herself)

Yeah i know but its a mod, people dont get paid for that do they? it shouldnt matter. If it does, screw the copyright people id doubt theyd find out anyway.

The nexus wouldn't allow it, they try to maintain a good rep with such things. Anyway there are a few music mods about. I myself use a mod that adds oblivion and morrowind music, but if you want to use that you need both games and your going to need to convert the files yourself. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30568/?

I've also used this mod before which adds several different tracks. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46518/?

Yeah i know but its a mod, people dont get paid for that do they? it shouldnt matter. If it does, screw the copyright people id doubt theyd find out anyway.

screw copyright? ... where did you get your skyrim from? just curious.

The nexus wouldn't allow it, they try to maintain a good rep with such things.

one of the reasons i love the nexus... :wub: ... and im pretty sure im not the only modder out here thinking like that.

Edited by chicky540

"screw the copyright people"..? The musicians who pay their bills by making music? The developers who make games to pay their bills? The artists who paint for a living? The list goes on and on.

If not for copyright, all of this great music you listen to may not have existed, because they couldn't make a living off of it, and therefore had to stop making the music.

We support people's right to have control over their own work, and this also includes modders. If you don't care about copyright, then good luck finding anyone who would be willing to make a mod for you here on the Nexus.