Previs and windows

lee3310

I had a very similar problem with an object with transparency, but I didn't found any flag for this end either, unlike for navmesh generation filter which can be selected in the base object, but if you set a reference as initially disabled before generating previs it will ignore such reference in the previs generation, then you can remove the flag after the previs generation.

I'd recommend placing the problematic references in a layer, so you can select them all and set the "initially disabled" flag in the batch action window.

Edited by DieFeM

I had a very similar problem with an object with transparency, but I didn't found any flag for this end either, unlike for navmesh generation filter which can be selected in the base object, but if you set a reference as initially disabled before generating previs it will ignore such reference in the previs generation, then you can remove the flag after the previs generation.

I'd recommend placing the problematic references in a layer, so you can select them all and set the "initially disabled" flag in the batch action window.

All the windows share the same node (windowsGlass) so maybe the size of the window is what matters.

As for excluding the house from the previs, it's a viable solution indeed but i'd rather hang curtains on the window and keep the FPS stability :laugh:.

Edited by lee3310

I can't find any

Hello guys,

I was assuming flagging an object as "Non Occluder" in the Static object edit window is for not including it in visibility generation, but that's not the case? Or is that for line of sight stuff?

I can't find any information about The "non occluder" flag but i presume it's similar to excluding the object from previs (i will test)

If you just want to exclude the window itself from precombines there are a whole bunch of things that you can do to the REFR that don't need to be undone after previs generation (unlike 'initially disabled').

The following fields block it from being precombined - Disabled, Deleted, XESP, XATR, XEMI, XKLR (unless if it is MultirefLOD), XLRT (of types NoObjectCombinationReftype & BlockPreVis).

The simplest is just giving it the XLRT type of "NoObjectCombinationReftype".

I am interested to know if the non-occluder flag fixes your issue however... very odd bug you have there.

ahhhhhh

The pain of windows and precombines....

One of the most annoying issues one can have and its usually in the final stages of the mod...

Personally i avoid having windows across from each other ....Or simply place them AFTER precombines are generated...

Its also an issue if the glass is behind a frame or grate/grill etc...

If you just want to exclude the window itself from precombines there are a whole bunch of things that you can do to the REFR that don't need to be undone after previs generation (unlike 'initially disabled').

The following fields block it from being precombined - Disabled, Deleted, XESP, XATR, XEMI, XKLR (unless if it is MultirefLOD), XLRT (of types NoObjectCombinationReftype & BlockPreVis).

The simplest is just giving it the XLRT type of "NoObjectCombinationReftype".

I am interested to know if the non-occluder flag fixes your issue however... very odd bug you have there.

Thanks for all those informations but unfortunately, the windows are part of the house mesh (similar to our previous Vertibird problem :smile:). So i will have to separate the window mesh from the house to do what you suggested.

I didn't test the non-occluder yet because i got swamped in navmesh.

Edited by lee3310

ahhhhhh

The pain of windows and precombines....

One of the most annoying issues one can have and its usually in the final stages of the mod...

Personally i avoid having windows across from each other ....Or simply place them AFTER precombines are generated...

Its also an issue if the glass is behind a frame or grate/grill etc...

Unfortunately, the windows are part of the house mesh. I wish i can generate precombines before placing them but i will have to use blinds for this one (easy route).

PS

I wander if adjusting the "NiAlphaProperty" (invisibility) could solve the issue.

Edited by lee3310