How many mods do you run?

Nap1985

So I'm getting carried away. I started on Nexus and found an absurd amount of mods that I just couldn't do without. Then I started looking around the internet and discovered Patreon and Twitter and a few other places where some amazing mods are hosted. Right now I have 4000 installations in mod organizer. Not all of them are actually mods, some are patches and INI's for other mods and meshes/textures, etc etc. I have about 1600 plugins activated. I esl-ified everything I could, the vast majority are weapons/armor/clothing so they don't make big changes. I need to finish off my load order with flora/tree overhauls and finally combat/animations.

I couldn't believe the game actually launched. (Haven't even run LOOT yet just kinda winged it) I used alternate start and goofed around for about an hour running around whiterun and across the tundra, before I got attacked by a bunch of stormcloaks for some reason. Going to have to figure out what mod did that.

Anyway. How many have run mod lists this big? Are you pretty much fine save for conflicts and script bloat? I figure I'll have a normal-ish 250-300 plugin load order, but with 1000+ extra esl followers and equipment mods. I plan on adding everything to leveled lists with synthesis or xedit patchers and have Borderlands level amount of enchanted loot possibilities.

Is this doable long term or is there something behind the scenes that's going to screw me over after a few dozen hours?

3279 installed modifications in MO2 left pane, 2470 plugins, I have 3 bashed patches due to the 255 masters in an esp limit, all handling different bashes + an esp I made myself to consolidate things. It runs as stable as possible, I have the occasional CTD with an error code in netscript framework that I can't find info about anywhere, it has something to do with the pathing manager for npc's that gets overloaded as far as I can make up from the log. But with that amount of mods there's something that will screw you (it already screwed me before) and that's after 70 or so levels, so 500+ hours in my play style and that's the save game maximum size of 128mb with enginefixes.... once it reaches that size it's game over for that character. The save game is no longer loadable.

Thanks that's exactly what I was concerned about. I didn't know that there was a max save file size, and I hadn't considered not being able to bash my entire load order. More stuff to learn! Going to have to read up on how to make multiple bashed patches.