How do I fix my Load order?

Shadeybladey

mlox makes it sane, and if you have to manually reorder something, you can re-date an esp with wrye mash.

No, I will never use a Mod Mangler.

So, there IS no file that controls load order, it's done by DATE MODIFIED of the esm and esp files?

Strewth! Modding Skyrim is so much easier! I got the original Morrowind and DLC when they came out on disk, then GotY edition. I've not played it since 2015, and I've forgotten everything I knew!

I'm only using about 15 mods, anyway.

So if I change the load order by moving eps files up and down in Wrye Mash and Save, that will automatically change the date modified and load things correctly?

Cheers, thanks for the help!

:D

I've been having similar questions and issues you mention and am trying to find answers. Did you succeed in fixing your problems? Also, would you clarify which version of Wrye Mash and mlox you're using? I'm playing the GOTY edition as a standalone (no subscription to places like steam) in Windows 10 Pro. I'm using Polemos Wrye Mash 2021 ver 6 Beta and the rhuzzo mlox fork. I only updated to the rhuzzo fork recently because it automatically checks for updates to the sort rules. I've noticed some what seem to me bizarre load order suggestions along the lines of what you noted.

• 1 month later...

I use mlox to sort the xEdit to detect conflicts then tes3cmd to fix things I do not like... plus manually change things where I think mlox gets it wrong.. or I want certain mod to win

Screenshot-2023-04-02-150608.jpg

I am deeply aware this is a case of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer since you need to write specific commands ascertaining to your conflicts, but you can at least swap the conflict in the load order.

BTW do not use not LOOT it will f*** up your load order.... really bad use use mlox, tes3view and tes3cmd or the testool if tes3cmd is too hard

EDIT

:laugh: forget to mention you need to rename xEdit to TES3View.exe and TES3View64.exe, not sure if work on release candidates but does on version I use and it is READ ONLY... hence the name VIEW, to Edit you need other TOOLS ... either tes3cmd or testool

BOOM SHAKA LA one perfect load order how cool is that ??