More fixes: Wiki, download history, favourites games, profiles

Dark0ne

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having issues where I have frequent crashes while trying to install or uninstall mods, but some of the files install. So I end up with files that can't be uninstalled because nmm thinks that the mod wasn't installed, which is a major pain because hunting down those files takes forever if I want to uninstall that mod properly.

It's important to me too. Please don't think a lack of complaints means this is not important. I complain constantly to Steam, my archenemy for no other reason than these mod-breaking auto-updates. If I could boycott their monopoware and still play the games, I would.

I very much appreciate your post, but this worries me because I don't know how this will affect Mod Organizer's ability to download files with manager links. I have used the NMM a lot, and I like it, but I prefer the tools in MO, and I love being able to use the NMM links.

Thank you for your letter and for all the work you do on the Nexus!

Dark0ne, seriously great job! I know you probably get this all the time but I’m a big fan of what you’re doing here. Gamers love options and you and your team have given us what we want. From beginner level (myself) to expert mod maker your site is a breeze to use and navigate. If you ever need help testing a file or download or anything you let me know! Premium from day 1 and not a single regret!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will there be mod managers for the new Nexus sites? I think there should be support for at least the major games like Minecraft.

That depends on what has to be done to incorporate that game into NMM - And on how popular the modding for that game is - it wouldn't make much sense to spend a lot of time getting a game working with NMM that doesn't have either a large user base of very few mods. As games use many completely different game engines and different ways of incorporating mods - Some will be easy to add, and some will be impossible.

will nexus mod manager be available for the upcoming steamOS? it appears to run games better and have less limitations and yada yada. but when I do install it or get a steam box,then I'd like to have some mods installed.

The Steam OS is just another fork of Linux. Currently, there is no official Nexus support for a Linux version of NMM

I'm sure they will have Steam Workshop for mods - However if they are even going to allow 3rd party managers or even 3rd party mods remains to be seen. Based on Valve's previous stuff, my guess is they will not prohibit programs like NMM. But I will wait and see before jumping on their bandwagon.