More fixes: Wiki, download history, favourites games, profiles

Dark0ne

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #10539580.

The tone makes the music. Personally I think you are harsh/impolite here and its not needed.

Some times to progress and make the Nexus better (as Dark0ne explained) it is necessarry to make hard choices. In this case changing the urls for the web services which means that pre NMM 0.46.0 clients don't have access to the online unctionality needed for 'download with manager links', updates checking etc. Just like Nexus adapted by releasing NMM 0.46.x to support the new url scheme Tannin , author of MO also adapted by releasing MO 1.0.11. Both clients have a different audience and support features/games for that audience. It is btw possible to use NMM and MO side by side, for more info see this post. Its up to the user to decide which mod manager serves their needs best. MO supports four games, NMM supports 15+ (or even more) games so this great for users because they have a choice what they want to use for which game.

This is NOT meant to promote MO but I thought the original post was impolite. I DO want to thank Dark0ne for the fact that he opened the Nexus for other clients/programs as well and allows them to use the excellent Nexus website. Like he said its all about choice and I REALLY want to thank him for that. Edited by wolverine2710

I stayed with 43.2 after 44 was released because I did not agree with the changes to the UI. (On top of that, 44 had massive issues and I wasn't going to deal with them while I waited for updates) I know for a fact I wasn't the only one to roll back because of this issue.

2 weeks ago I updated to 45.7 because I was having issues that newer versions of the NMM would resolve (or.. should've, but actually didn't). That took 3 reinstalls to accomplish, and I was presented with the same reason why I rolled back to 43.2 in the first place: The UI changes.

There has still not been any options for adjusting the UI, whether by a simple 'legacy' option (pre .44) or customization for the individual features of the UI (icon color, icon type, text color, etc.).

Furthermore, the new version has an issue with slow UI painting which has yet to be resolved. The UI is very slow compared to 43.2 and other Windows applications (acting like the program is actually running slowly, comparable to working on an outdated PC). I've reported this in the feedback forum, but it seems like people either don't have the issue or forgot what NMM was like pre v44 (or don't think to compare the UI speed to Windows applications).

Obviously, we have to use .46 now if we want online functionality back (which is half reason I use NMM), so anyone still on 43.2 like I was is now forced to upgrade if they want easy downloads and update notifications.

I have not tried the alpha (and probably won't) to see if the UI has been improved (the current betas already have enough problems), so if it is please let me know. This is quite an annoyance and even turns into a severe issue if you run any other .NET application alongside NMM (the slowdown increases by orders of magnitude), so I really do hope it gets resolved.

Look how far the Nexus has come. I'm proud to watch it grow. I wanted to thank you (and the team now) for all the hard work you've put into this site and community. You've started something that has become wonderful.

Well done =)

I think download history recording problem is not completely fixed. Last night I downloaded Fantasy Soundtrack Project and now I can't endorse it. It says I didn't download it and it's not in my download history. I used 0.46.0 NMM to download and install.