Mod Request: FF10 Whole party earns EXP mod

immortalfrieza

I would like a mod, if possible, that makes it so every party member in FF10 present earns EXP in every fight, whether or not they were swapped into the fight or actually did something in said fight.

By default, in order for a party member to earn EXP they must be swapped into the fight and have performed at least 1 action. The problem is that most of the game's typical fights are built so that a particular type of monster can only be beaten effectively by a particular party member. i.e. Lulu defeats magic enemies, Wakka defeats flying enemies, etc. Thus there's little practical reason to switch them around and attack for every single fight. However, that's what you end up having to do for much of the game to keep some party members from falling behind. Particular ones like Kimahri, Yuna, and Rikku who don't have any particular enemies they're useful against. So you either have to pull the party members in every fight doing actions just to have done something, or later on stop and grind them up so they catch up.

Hence, why I'd like a mod that just distributes the EXP to everyone in every fight regardless of what they do, so it's something I don't have to worry about. Just one less tedious thing to deal with.

Edited by immortalfrieza

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Also I should note that the game balance is built around the fact that not every character is useful in every fight, when you use the cheat it makes the game significantly easier, I'd highly suggest only turning it on if you feel the need to grind.

And also also, yuna (by default) is a character who can solo any fight with her aeons or can get AP normally by supporting your team, rikku can steal/mug/etc and is the strongest character in the game because of mix, khimarhi can be another version of a lot of other characters, at first he starts out as your only piercing option before you get auron, and by the time you do get auron, khimari will be a copy of another character, Tidus and lulu are both great picks to copy because while tidus doesnt get piercing weapons by default, the rest of his kit is great for support and attacking which go great on khimari , and lulu allows for you to exploit elemental weaknesses easily. They're not that hard to get AP for.

• 2 weeks later...