Whats this? Sparkles on jewelry

qweglooeefdf

TBH, I don't think the diadem looks "bad" or "ugly". But tastes are different.

I'd say, you may have a tad too much glossiness or glow on this jewelry.

There are different possible reasons:

1. ENB settings (reflectioons, bloom...). The picture looks like you're using ENB. Disable the preset for testing or try a different preset and see, if this helps.

2. Extreme "gloss" on the jewelry item itself. Again, there are different possible reasons: Mesh settings (you can adjust in Nifskoope, how "glossy" an object is) or textures, especially the so-called "specular map", which basically determines, how "shiny" an object or parts of it are.

If it's the jewelry itself, there isn't much you can do about it without some modding knowledge: Opening the mesh in Nifskope and playing around with some variables is rather easy. Changing the specular map also isn't that hard, but it requires some knowledge in photo/texture editing.

Looking in the file, mesh for that circlet has a rather insane specular strength of 50. Combined with ENB 'Subsurface scattering' effect, it gives that result.

I edited the mesh of that diadem, setting it to specular strength 2, 10 and original 50. Then I turned subsurface scattering off.

0zWMWt0.jpg

Personally, I think that at specular strength 10(7 or 8 might be even better), the diadem is still quite shiny, but the scatter effect is barely visible.

Subsurf scatter generally gives the skin a nicer, smoother look - but you can turn it off and see how you like it.

In your SSE directory, in enbseries.ini, EFFECT section: EnableSubSurfaceScattering=false