Bodyslide: What i am doing wrong? Importing Armor ingame doesn´t work for me

qweglooeefdf

Hello,

I was able to import Boob-Piercings in Bodyslide which where invisible ingame before that.

I did think "i did it".

But i am wrong.

It doesnt work for me when doing it with amor, or clothers.

here i did this:

1. downloaded 3BA body present

2. downloaded 3BA armor

in MO2 of course

ingame this armor is still looking like the daedra armor.

most of my imported armors or clothers are just invisible, at the forge for example.

then i opend bodyslide

Clipboard01.jpg

and choose there where i did this red marks.

why doesnt it work?

Same with other 3BA armors or other body presents.

this tifa armor is still looking like a daedra armor ingame.

Edited by qweglooeefdf

I'll admit I'm a bit confused by your text. However, if I get the gist of it correctly, You still have to acquire and equip the top (in game) that you show in your Bodyslide snapshot. all you (theoretically) did was fit the top to the specified body shape.

Add-Item-Menu is a convenient method for many players.

also, the game will need to be restarted before your Bodyslide changes are made available within the game (afaik), just in case you weren't aware

from a comparison with the two images, it seems the author of the mod containing "black top" did something wrong, since it shows up as a piece of Daedric armor, but is really a black spandex top. I don't know how to fix that disparity.

A specific piece of armor is defined by its 'Armor' form, which contains properties such as name, weight, value, armor rating, type (light/heavy), various keywords etc etc.

Among these properties is the reference to 'world model' mesh file - also known as 'ground model'. This is the model used for inventory display and when dropped in the world.

Also among its properties are 'ArmorAddon' forms.

An ArmorAddon form describes an actual wearable mesh - which mesh file to use for a male, which for female, and which mesh is to use in 1st person if applicable. Also has allowed races list, display partition list, what alternate texture sets to use on specific shapes within each mesh, etc.

The .nif mesh files referenced by an ArmorAddon are Skinned mesh with partitions, bone weights and such, and are specifically designed to be rendered worn on a character.

The ground model .nif mesh files are 'Collision Object' mesh. No partitions or bones, but they have a collision box.

The two types are principally different. If you reference a ground mesh in an ArmorAddon. you will most likely get a CTD when a character tries to equip it.

If you reference a skinned mesh as world model in the Armor form, it should look OK in the inventory, but if you try to drop it, it will just hang in mid air, with no way to get rid of save via console 'disable' command.

So, how the above happens?

Say, mod creator generated the 'black top' skinned mesh files and put them, in, say, meshes\Tifa\black_top_0.nif and black_top_1.nif

Then he created the TifaBlackTopAA ArmorAddon form which points to those .nif files for females.

Now, in game, he wants this top to have same protective properties as Daedric armor. So he finds the vanilla 'Daedric Armor' form, makes a copy of it, names it 'Tifa Black Top', and substitues 'DaedricArmorAA' addon for TifaBlackTopAA. And the modder is lazy, so he just leaves it at that - with Armor form still referencing the Daedric armor ground mesh as its world model. And there you got it - an in-game item called 'Tifa Black Top' that loks like a black top when worn by female, but appearing as Deadric armor in inventory or when dropped.

In general, it takes about 5-10 min in Outfit Studio (even less in Blender) to adapt a skinned mesh for use as ground object, and then you use NifScope to copy-paste collision data from some other comparable-size mesh., and then you got your meshes\Tifa\black_top_go.nif that you put in as world model in the Armor form. But yeah, some authors are too lazy to do that.