Some Idea's I had while wandering Skyrim

Alexotero1219

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting on the forums here so I would first like to apologize if I break any of the rules, spoken or unspoken. I have wandered skyrim, scoured the nexus pages, and fuddled with the creation kit slightly, and these are just some ideas that popped into my head that I did not see on the nexus pages or found myself unable to do in the creation kit. I apologize in advance if something is already on the nexus, has already been requested/discussed or is simply unable to be done. Without further delay here we go:

1. Immersive Crime Factions

Essentially as I travelled I came to see plenty of other societies in skyrim and wondered why the holds were the only ones with a justice system. The orcs in skyrim do track a bounty but its not very fleshed out, simply pay them gold or they try to kill you. There is also the dawnguard, the volhikar vampires, the foresworn, and possibly others. Im not suggesting that all these factions should track crime, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for foresworn to be running up and saying "you have committed crimes against skyrim and her people." But the general idea is to expand on these factions a bit more to immerse the player more in the world, potentially through setting them as crimefactions. I.E: the dawnguard will only attempt to make an arrest on vampire players, once arrested the vampire is sealed in a special cell below fort dawnguard which can be escaped from. Perhaps the cell could be filled with other vampires the player can set free to aid in his escape? Perhaps the orcs could function in a similar way as they do now, with the blood or gold mechanism. Perhaps when the player slights an orc from one of the strongholds they can either choose to pay reparations in gold, fight to the death then and there, or surrender and be taken to a small arena outside one of the strongholds in skyrim (to satisfy both the blood and gold requiorments, from bets?). Thats about the general idea for this one.

2. Scroll Mage Armor

One of the things I always wanted to do was play a scroll mage in skyrim. For those who might not know a scroll mage is not a normal mage, instead of casting magic normally they use scrolls exclusively. I believe its like someone who is trying to "pretend" to be a mage. It would be nice to have some armor (light or clothes) that would sort of say "scroll mage" when you walk into a town. I imagine it would be fairly simple to make, just some sort of robes similar to the mages robes and a bunch of scrolls shown at the belts or in a bandolier accross the chest. Perhaps the armor could work similar to the backbacks from Chesko's mod Frostfall? I noticed when using frostfall that my torches and woodsman axe appear on the backback once I equip it with those items in my inventory. Perhaps the scroll mage armor could work in the same way? Equiping scrolls you have in your inventory onto the armor itself? Would also give players an idea of how many scrolls they had left as well.

3. Illusion spells as disguises

It always surprised me that this was not in the vanilla game. Basically the idea is that you could get illusion spells which could disguise you as member of some factions or other such as foresworn or necromancers. I think it would be fun to try and figure out what enemies you will be facing inside a dungeon and use the appropriate disguise. The way I see this working is either the spell must be cast on an enemy while you are unseen which then that enemy will temporarily see you as a member of their faction or the spell is cast on yourself, while unseen, and all enemies will see you as a member of the faction you are disguised as. Im not the best at balancing so im not sure how this will work in conjuction with sneak skills and such but I think it will add a lot in terms of gameplay as well as some more flavor to "spell thief" type characters.

4. Skyrim Mercenary Work

The hold bounties and such always seemed lacking in my opinion. With mods like alternate start I felt a lot of people wanted to play through skyrim not as the dragonbron but as a sort of average joe. It might be nice to provide a bit more average joe things to do. Maybe get hired to guard one of the Khajitti caravans or the stables outside whiterun? Maybe get hired by Nazeem or Belethor to clear out some bandits that have been raiding nearby shipments. Perhaps even a mercenary guild to join if someone wants to put that much effort into it.

5 and finally. Immersive Bounty Hunting.

I know there was a mod with the same name and the same idea but I just think it should be continued. Another type of character I always wanted to play was a big heavy armor wearing burly orc bounty hunter. Currently their do not appear to be any mods that really enable existence as a bounty hunter within the game. Also along with the "average joe" line of thinking I think this will add a bit more average joe type things for people to do.

Well thats all I have. I hope this can help anyone with ideas for their own mods or just provide someone with something to work on. I would like to thank all the modders and contributers here for making skyrim playable with more than one character! You guys do an amazing job with all these mods. Thanks to the folks at nexus as well for making a lot of this possible and enabling me to have far to many mods for one game!

Edit: Just some additional Ideas I had I thought I should share.

6. Skyrim Heists

There doesnt seem to be a lot to do for thief characters after the thieves guild quests are done. It might be interesting to add a few robbable places to skyrim. I.E. each hold capital could have a vault with a lot of gems and gold, maybe a unique item if a modder wants to add their personal touch, underneath or near the palace. Could be designed with actual guards patrolling the area so the emphasis would be on stealth to avoid getting a bounty.

7. Be the Bandit

I think it could be fun to add a bit more for thief type characters. Im not sure but I dont think it would be too hard to add an option to rob travelling merchants or other types of characters out on the road. Just I dialogue option like "give me what you have" then based on the players speechcraft skill the NPC will either open their inventory to the player, reporting a bounty once the player leaves, attack the player or try to flee.

Just some additional ideas.

Edited by Alexotero1219