Hello forum,

By far I am no expert with - TES Construction Set - but I've have done some basics.

The companion mod - Companion Vilja - is very impressive! It has somewhat inspired me to create my own follower mod, not so advanced.

I need some help and guidance to achieve my goal. In the TES Construction Set, I've looked at the Vilja mod, but it is ever so complicated and confusing.

I would like the ability for the NPC to follow the player with either armor equipped or unequipped. I would like the options to follow, wait or stop following. I would like the ability for the player to talk to the NPC about specific topics, give the NPC an item, or even configure some settings.

Do ANY modders out there have any guidance how I can tackle this task? Any possible tutorials or resources? Any examples?

Have a look at Fluffy Follower Frill. The scripting is way beyond my ability to understand (but that can be said about any script that goes beyond the 'hello world' level), but perhaps between the two mods you can start to get an idea of the basic structures used for followers.

There is also CM Partners Basic but I've never looked at the scripting for it, so I can't say how advanced it's scripting may be.

Have a look at Fluffy Follower Frill.

Thanks for the reply. Looking at the mod's description, I see:

Unless you are ready to run into issues that can potentially be extremely severe, please consider using something like the more popular CM Partners or Companion Share and Recruit, anything else, really, please.
The mod is built completely on scripts, so compatibility should be at a relatively acceptable level, however do expect issues with other follower management systems.

I was hoping to produce a mod follower which does not potentially cause severe issues and doesn't interfere with other follower mods. Vilja is a decent mod, but very advanced.

I've used Fluffy since it's earliest versions. Now I will admit that these days I mostly just use it for moving NPCs around the gameworld, but during testing I did everything I could think of to break it. I guess due to that long term extensive experience with it I know what to expect, and what not to expect from it.

In any case my only intention linking those mods was to give you a couple of examples to dissect scripts from.

Thanks. Another question you may know the answer too:

- When implementing dialogue, how do you change the order of the dialogue? For example, you may want "Follow" as the first option and "Inventory" as the very last option. An organised list. Would this be done by the "AddTopic" script order? Or is there a different way to do this?

- When implementing dialogue, how do you change the order of the dialogue? For example, you may want "Follow" as the first option and "Inventory" as the very last option. An organised list. Would this be done by the "AddTopic" script order? Or is there a different way to do this?

Sorry, you've ventured above my pay grade on that question. I've looked at dialogue topics in the CS but haven't done any fiddling beyond tinkering withn Mazoga's so that she would stay in the conversation after her quest (she still does like to announce her intentions of getting black bows ... I'd miss it if I did something to break that).

Sorry, you've ventured above my pay grade on that question. I've looked at dialogue topics in the CS but haven't done any fiddling beyond tinkering withn Mazoga's so that she would stay in the conversation after her quest (she still does like to announce her intentions of getting black bows ... I'd miss it if I did something to break that).

Okay, no problem. I looked at Vilja mod. In the editor the text field says "Follow" for example, in game each option has a number in front of it. I have looked through different scripts and have not found anything which could relate.