Whiterun FPS plummets to 0.

SiniVII

SOLUTION:

Turning on Adaptive V-Sync seems to fix it.

UPDATE:
This is not Skyrim related, it's my graphics card. It turns out whenever my FPS goes insanely high (like 500-1000) the card turns into overdrive or something, and it will instantly overheat. However under 200-300 Frames, the temp calms down. Somehow it seems like the amount my card is working is determined by the frames of the card?

OLD POST:

So Previously I had a GeForce 670GTX in my rig, I had no problems whatsoever around Whiterun, usually kept around 60-70(locked it at 70) frames.

But yesterday I received a new card, a GeForce GTX 780 ti, and afterwards I can't look towards the center of Whiterun without my frames crashing down. I tried to look for whatever the source was, but when I got to the area where it seemed to crash my FPS the most it was mostly fine, but as soon as I try to turn around my FPS plummets again. I tried to get a view from Dragons Reach, where I can boast that I managed to achieve a drop down to 1 Frame Per Second.

I have no idea what causes this. I tried to enter a new cell, and I still get FPS drops as soon as I try to turn in a direction, the stuttering is INSANE.

I also tried to stand still and stare in a direction, and for a moment the frames recovered back up to a solid 70, after staring in one direction for about 30 seconds, and once again as soon as I tried to turn somewhere, my frames plummeted down to 0-2 frames.

Edited by SiniVII

The 780 runs at only 50-55 degrees on load on other games, and I have a Corsair TX 750W PSU.

HOWEVER! The issue at hand get's worse.

I ran a couple of tests and turned off any ENB's and mods that could have any affect on my graphics, reset the INI files and anything related to graphics whatsoever and got it back to stable frames in whiterun, so that problem is solved.

But, now as soon as I launch Skyrim, my card suddenly turns on turbo-mode or something. I can literally hear the fan just gradually increasing in speed as It goes kicks in, and while monitoring it's data using MSI afterburner everything on the card literally skyrockets. The temperature keeps increasing by one-two degrees celsius every second, the fan RPM just goes to it's highest instantly. I kept monitoring that crazy stuff until it hit 80 before I shut down skyrim, and then it rapidly cooled off and returned to normal again.

Something is severely wrong with my game, and I figure the safest thing to do is just to re-install it.

I'm having something of a similar issue. Whenever I launch Skyrim, I my computer makes a very audible whirr noise for a few seconds, but other than that everything seems fine. I'll run around the for a half-hour or so and then suddenly the frames crash to as low as 6 whenever I'm outside in game. If I exit the game and then reload, it seems to fix the problem for a short while, then it happens again. I never had this issue with my older video card and it was only a 560Ti.

The 780 runs at only 50-55 degrees on load on other games, and I have a Corsair TX 750W PSU.

HOWEVER! The issue at hand get's worse.

I ran a couple of tests and turned off any ENB's and mods that could have any affect on my graphics, reset the INI files and anything related to graphics whatsoever and got it back to stable frames in whiterun, so that problem is solved.

But, now as soon as I launch Skyrim, my card suddenly turns on turbo-mode or something. I can literally hear the fan just gradually increasing in speed as It goes kicks in, and while monitoring it's data using MSI afterburner everything on the card literally skyrockets. The temperature keeps increasing by one-two degrees celsius every second, the fan RPM just goes to it's highest instantly. I kept monitoring that crazy stuff until it hit 80 before I shut down skyrim, and then it rapidly cooled off and returned to normal again.

Something is severely wrong with my game, and I figure the safest thing to do is just to re-install it.

You are having errors due to the VRAM not correcting latency as the heat increases .. the hotter it gets the latency of the VRAM should increase.

Either you have bad VRAM or it is not reading the sensors correctly.

VRAM has on chip sensors that should increase the latency based on temperature that follows JEDEC specs for VRAM.

Contact the Vendor... take no crap...

You are having errors due to the VRAM not correcting latency as the heat increases .. the hotter it gets the latency of the VRAM should increase.

Either you have bad VRAM or it is not reading the sensors correctly.

VRAM has on chip sensors that should increase the latency based on temperature that follows JEDEC specs for VRAM.

Contact the Vendor... take no crap...

This may be the case. This issue didn't just happen with Skyrim, it happened to Warframe as well. Funny thing is, it only happened in the Menu screens, where I would have the highest amount of FPS.

EDIT:

Turned on Adapative V-Sync in Nvidia Controlpanel and that fixed it.

Edited by SiniVII