Cell Transitions Broken?

surg23

Very strange bug which I'm not sure how to title.

I was in Bridgway Trust building trying to get Nick to unlock the safe terminal. I kept reloading the save until he finally hacked it. Took about 10 attempts. When exiting the bank, we did not end up outside, but rather teleported next to Hangman's Alley settlement.

I thought that was weird as it had never happened, not in thousands of hours of play. I pressed on for a while but then realized Interior cells were broken/disconnected from the world permanently. Travelled to Goodneighbour, cell loaded fine, but when exiting the cell my character enters a black empty cell where I can see the UI but cannot perform any action other than the main menu.

I restarted the game but it appears my save has that corruption saved to it. I had to load a save from before the bank to restore it. Anyone know what's going on here?

• 1 month later...

Definitely weird.

Can you use Console at all? Load in and hit ~ and type in coc redrocketext and hit enter

Does it take you to red rocket?

What you might consider doing is verifying game files as well through Steam (if thats where you got it) Sounds like something sure as heck got borked.

Can you load a previous save at all? To test if something between then and now got corrupted?