Help! model made in 3dsmax with lines/arc etc not showing in CK

greekrage

Theres all kinds of problems you can get when importing geometry from one program to another. ive found normals and borked UV maps are the most common things causing stuff to vanish or render incorrectly.

Nice boats, consider adding a layer of dirty noise over the top of your texture so they dont look like cartoons though, In stalker they just did a photoshop noise layer above everything with like 10% opacity i belive lol. gives everything a much grimier worn look without much work.

Theres all kinds of problems you can get when importing geometry from one program to another. ive found normals and borked UV maps are the most common things causing stuff to vanish or render incorrectly.

Nice boats, consider adding a layer of dirty noise over the top of your texture so they dont look like cartoons though, In stalker they just did a photoshop noise layer above everything with like 10% opacity i belive lol. gives everything a much grimier worn look without much work.

well im going for a flat look but im still testing the model so it only has a simple diffuse on it... I have some nice grunge effects to add ... ( weathered,cracked etc.. )

Eh, you know how tech support works, techs gonna throw out all the obvious ones before getting technical because you can't assume the person didn't make a mistake :P

Maya 2023 user here, different importation route too so just gonna throw out what I can think of.

still im good for generalized questions, animation, rigging and photoshop stuff ;P used to tutor kids in photoshop, i know most of the things :)

Eh, you know how tech support works, techs gonna throw out all the obvious ones before getting technical because you can't assume the person didn't make a mistake :tongue:

Maya 2023 user here, different importation route too so just gonna throw out what I can think of.

still im good for generalized questions, animation, rigging and photoshop stuff ;P used to tutor kids in photoshop, i know most of the things :smile:

lol...was tech support for 25 years for an IT company here in greece...Ive seen it all :P I had many issues with customers because they said" i was talking to them as if they were children"... In my eyes everyone is inexperienced until proven otherwise.. My answer to some of these smart*****.... "hey if you know it all....why call me me ? "...

Eh, you know how tech support works, techs gonna throw out all the obvious ones before getting technical because you can't assume the person didn't make a mistake :tongue:

still im good for generalized questions, animation, rigging and photoshop stuff ;P used to tutor kids in photoshop, i know most of the things :smile:

lol...was tech support for 25 years for an IT company here in greece...Ive seen it all :tongue: I had many issues with customers because they said" i was talking to them as if they were children"... In my eyes everyone is inexperienced until proven otherwise.. My answer to some of these smart*****.... "hey if you know it all....why call me me ? "...

RTFM! :cool:

(Yeah, been there, done that)

Nice PT by the way.

Don't forget to reduce color on your textures by about 10%. As it would seem they did that to all textures.