Save bloating

Amil111

Hello, I'm wondering and a bit scared by save bloating as I love playing on the same savegame for the longest I can.

But I hear stories about the limit being 64mb or 128mb for each save thanks to Engine Fixes for SSE.

Having lot of mods, I know it will go there quickly, but I wonder, is there a way so it never goes there by removing bloat the save does not need?
Or is there a way to go even higher than 128mb without causing too much problems to the game?

Also wondering this for Fallout 4, New Vegas and Oblivion.

#1 cause of massive save bloat is not having a lot of mods. Most mods will contribute less that 1k to a save. One of my saves from a real real long running game (lvl 60+, lots of content done) barely pushes 11MB. If you got an explosively growing save, look for a mod that spawns lots and lots and lots of script instances and does not clean them up. Enabling Papyrus logging and monitoring the log for spamming can be a good way to pinpoint a culprit. Another option is rather tedious - load a bloated save in ReSaver and go though .esp checking how many script instances// change forms each has. Then kill all those instances and remove the mod.