Screen Resolution Issue

brawlsPDX

Hi All,

Relatively new to installing mods. When I originally installed Skyrim AE, I could set my screen resolution and quality. I set the game to 2560 x 1080 for my widescreen monitor at 'Ultra' settings (using an RTX 3070 ti). After installing SKSE64 and other mods, the resolution has reverted to some odd 4 x 3 dimensions that fills 2/3s the width of the monitor screen and overruns the lower 10% of the screen. I've installed the Complete Widescreen Fix for SkyUI 5.2 SE Alpha - 2560x1080 (ver. 2.0) mod [https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1778?tab=files], but it has not resulted in any changes. For whatever reason, I can't access the resolution settings on the main screen or from within the game. Hoping someone knows how to resolve this issue. Thanks.

tldr: After installing SKSE64 the gamer no longer displays in 2560 x 1080 but in some 4x3 format. Tried the fixes I know of but no joy. Any help appreciated.

As you launch the game via SKSE loader, you are no longer going through Steam loader.

Consider going to Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition, editing SkyrimPrefs.ini

In the Display section, you are looking for:

bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=2160
iSize W=3840
Well, in your case, it would be
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560

As you launch the game via SKSE loader, you are no longer going through Steam loader.

Consider going to Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition, editing SkyrimPrefs.ini

In the Display section, you are looking for:

bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=2160
iSize W=3840
Well, in your case, it would be
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Hmmm,

Went into the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, as indicated and made changes, saved, relaunched game with no change.

Went back to Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition saw that there is a BethInI Cache folder, so checked that. Two folders:

• 2023 Fri Feb 03 - 20.43.01
  • Before BethINI

Both folders have SkyrimPrefs.ini files, so edited these in manner you described. Saved. Relaunched game, but no change. Am I missing something or do I need to do something additional to make sure the .ini file changes get implemented?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

I never used BethINI, so no idea really how it handles the settings. But if you have it, you would need to run BethINI.exe executable that it includes, and do all your settings in there. Looks like default resolution preset it has for SSE is 1920x1080.

That directory also should have SkyrimCustom.ini - anything suspicious in there?

fwiw, there was a "flurry" of wide screen related posts a year or so ago, here and elsewhere (bored retiree). You might try a widenet search on

"skyrim special edition wide screw settings ini"

I'm on a "normal" monitor , so I don't know jack about it personally, but that search produced a few interesting looking hits for me

Good luck