Just a few hopefully quick beginner questions

ChronoJJ

I got Morrowind GOTY from GOG. Looking to run a few mods and play the game like it's 2002 again, just a bit updated. But I'm not familiar with modding.

I downloaded the Vortex manager and have it hooked to my game. I've got just a few mods I'm trying to run, I attached a pic showing.

Questions:

1) It says I have a file conflict with Tamriel Rebuilt and Tamriel Data. Is that bad? I thought I needed Tamriel Data to run Tamriel Rebuilt.

2) What is the process to using the two hotfixes? Just throw them in the list and they'll automatically update the originals?

3) MGE XE Installer and MGE 3.3.2

a) Does MGE XE contained MGE 3.3.2? Or do I need both?

b) These are installers. Do I run them outside of the Vortex program to install? If so, do I include them in the Vortex list at all?

Any other bug fix mods I need? Trying to avoid all the old crashes!

Thanks!

Edited by ChronoJJ

i would strongly advise to not use vortex for morrowind, but wrye mash or mod organizer 2 instead.

1) It says I have a file conflict with Tamriel Rebuilt and Tamriel Data. Is that bad? I thought I needed Tamriel Data to run Tamriel Rebuilt.

you need both. if you're looking for a fix for a specific problem, you have to provide more information. but an obvious guess would be wrong load order, tamriel data has to be loaded before TR mainland, since this is depending on tamriel data. MLOX will help you with load order.

2) What is the process to using the two hotfixes? Just throw them in the list and they'll automatically update the originals?

basically, my load order for TR is:

TR Data

TR mainland

TR Data hotfix

TR hotfix

3) MGE XE Installer and MGE 3.3.2

you only need MGE XE, MGE is obsolete

Any other bug fix mods I need? Trying to avoid all the old crashes!

if you don't want to go overboard with some crazy big mod guide, check https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/recommended-mods this is a relative small list with good suggestions, but Morrowind Code Patch is crucial.

cheers