Moving my "modded" Skyrim to another drive

qweglooeefdf

Before you do anything with the following, read through it all, determine if it will work for your setup and wait to see if anyone else has ideas, suggestions, instructions or tips before proceeding as it is always possible that what is here is out of date or incorrect.

If you installed anything directly to the game folder such as SKSE, ENB, etc make a backup of those files or be prepared to re-install them as necessary.

To move a game:

In Steam go to Settings > Downloads > Steam library folders

Add a new folder for your new drive by pressing the + at the top.

Locate the game(s) you want to move

Check the boxes to the right

Select Move at the bottom right

The game(s) will be moved to the new location while Steam remains where it is.

Start the game in Steam and ensure that it works

Copy from backups or re-install any apps / mods that needed to be in the main game folder.

In MO2 make sure the game you want to use is the active one.

Click the gear icon and go through each tool / utility / game executable and ensure that 'binary' and 'start in' folders have the correct paths

Click the screw driver and wrench icon, go to the Paths tab, make sure 'Managed game' has the correct path

If you want to move MO2 as well, backup all the folders (except 'Managed game') listed in the Paths tab. Then uninstall MO2 and re-install to the new location.

Restore the files previously backed up. And confirm all paths as previously outlined.

If you want to move Steam as well be prepared to re-install everything. While it may be possible to move the game and then re-install Steam, you cannot have a secondary Steam library on the same drive as Steam. In my opinion, it is best to leave Steam where it is and just move games.

Thinking outside the box:

If your new Me.2 is larger than the current SSD, perhaps you could clone the current SSD on to the new one. Then swap their drive letters. And finally, after confirming all files and programs work correctly, wipe the old SSD for re-use. This would have the benefit of the new drive while keeping everything on the same drive letter.