Skyrim/Timeline

Cyngen80

Not sure where to post this, so I'm asking here.

I am working on a story for my character and I know that the Thalmor attacked Cyordiil and Hammerfall in 4E 171. I was curious if there's an actual month and day that it happened? I want to get my details right, but I can't find anything through my searches as to when it exactly happened. If there's no "exact" day or month that it happened, would it be lore breaking if I made one up?

Thanks for any help.

Please see the following excerpt from an in-game lore book: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Great_War_(book)

The War Begins

On the 30th of Frostfall, 4E 171, the Aldmeri Dominion sent an ambassador to the Imperial City with a gift in a covered cart and an ultimatum for the new Emperor. The long list of demands included staggering tributes, disbandment of the Blades, outlawing the worship of Talos, and ceding large sections of Hammerfell to the Dominion. Despite the warnings of his generals of the Empire's military weakness, Emperor Titus Mede II rejected the ultimatum. The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every Blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood. And so began the Great War which would consume the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion for the next five years.

Given the information at hand, this is probably the best date to use for the start of the war.

Thank you so much. I was looking for this. Could have been typing in the wrong thing because I just couldn't find it. Eventually I had to give up because of work. Again thanks so much for the intel :wink: and the link. I can begin working on the first part of Act 1.