Regular Crashes, load times messed up

JainaSolo25

Ah, a bit late for that, unfortunately. Already used it to clear out a bunch of trash and accidentally deleted a few big chunks that may have been important (much earlier in my gameplay relative to where I am now). Where is this ini file thing? I don't see it in Fallout4Default.ini or Fallout4Prefs.ini

I see an ini in Scrap Everything's mod folder that has the Combined Objects pref (at 0) but it doesn't have the bUsePreCreatedSCOL and I couldn't find that one elsewhere

Had an "amusing" bug where the Nuka Arena spawned some massive metal object (no collisions, mostly, but I couldn't see what I was doing most of the time and only made it out because of how simple the overall structure is). I would like to finish the game but if there's no way to fix this sort of thing and prevent more from happening at the current save point I might just put it on hold and try replaying it when it no longer feels tedious to do so.

I really appreciate the info. Is there some way to repair my save to some extent or should I just treat it as a lost cause?

Ah, a bit late for that, unfortunately. Already used it to clear out a bunch of trash and accidentally deleted a few big chunks that may have been important (much earlier in my gameplay relative to where I am now). Where is this ini file thing? I don't see it in Fallout4Default.ini or Fallout4Prefs.ini

I see an ini in Scrap Everything's mod folder that has the Combined Objects pref (at 0) but it doesn't have the bUsePreCreatedSCOL and I couldn't find that one elsewhere

Had an "amusing" bug where the Nuka Arena spawned some massive metal object (no collisions, mostly, but I couldn't see what I was doing most of the time and only made it out because of how simple the overall structure is). I would like to finish the game but if there's no way to fix this sort of thing and prevent more from happening at the current save point I might just put it on hold and try replaying it when it no longer feels tedious to do so.

I really appreciate the info. Is there some way to repair my save to some extent or should I just treat it as a lost cause?

I had spring cleaning for various settlements but it caused a lot of issues so I deleted it. It didn't seem to cause any lasting issues past that point and it was a while ago.

the worst thing is that the mod (spring cleaning, scrap everything or whatever) contains the setting to potentially destroy your game to be able to scrap.

at first: change the Combined Objects pref to 1. the effect is that you cannot destroy precombines but it also means that you cannot scrap many objects anymore. be aware that the mod ini overrides the game setting!

i recommend to abstain from scrap mods in general. also if you already placed dirty edits just forget about these saves if you don't like a mess of random stutter, disappearing objects or other glitches later on.

That's unfortunate. Are there any safe mods for scrapping trash, at the very least? There's so much of it and it irks me to imagine that one couldn't just, you know, clean up the damn settlement. It's a general annoyance I have with how so many things are full of holes and are just generally messy in spite of the fact that people had been building serious stuff with much less tech millennia ago and being able to at least clean up trash would be nice.

mods that generate their new previs/precombines as part of the mod may be safe. they will put that in the description. or they remove only what is safe. i tested some mods. the added files may have also glitches.

Scrap Everything can be used in moderation, as by default it only disables precombines for the settlements.

If you use the setting to disable precombines for the entire Commonwealth - fahgettabout it.

The concept sounds great, the reality is it will break your game something fierce.

I once built a 4 story splash pad at the coffee house across from the Super Mutants at Diamond City.

Elevators to all the floors, bottom floor was a coffee/soup station for the guards, a pool table to relax, etc. If only they would use it......

Roof had water collection/purification, a sniper post, glass roof section for a 4th floor greenhouse - you name it.

Walked down the alley where the mongrels were? Crash.

Walked down to the DC entrance, no problem, walked back and the world looked like The Matrix......