Better Radscorpions

Machsc

I am wondering if I can get an Animation fix for radScorpions in Fallout 3, I did a bunch of combat overhauls to make the game harder and faster with headshots being lethal... and it worked my game is harder and raiders, talon co, and others NPCs are all having a great time playing Fallout of duty.

But all the Apex predators suck now Radscorpions in piticular are Totally nerfed, their Animation won't let them attack while moving. So all you need to do to never get hurt is back up and they can't hurt you. There is a fix for protectrons, and I found a similar fix for creatures in Oblivion. But I can't find an animation fix for RadScorpions in FO3.

Protectrons animation fix

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/25545

Oblivion creatures animation fix

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/31882

Getting something similar for RadScorpions would be wonderful, but I have never made a mod before and tried using the GECK and got lost.

I was able to give a slight buff most of the Other Apex predators with mods already on Nexus but they could all use a bit of help.

Alternatively a mod that altered their speed stat and the speed stat of other creatures would help too, I can't find in the geck where it says creat new file for a new ESP/mod, and I also can't find how to edit the level list... or I would just go in and make it my self. But I think

Speed:

Death claws 1.25x faster

Dogs 1.5x

Radscorpions 1.5x

Giant Radscorpions 2x

Albino Radscorpions 2.5x

Yao Guai 3x

All of the moding tutorials I found on making NPCs were all about humans and quest named NPCs, with no tutorials on how to change the stats of stuff in the level list, or mods that change global damage modifiers... if anyone knows a tutorial for this stuff it would be appreciated. I would like to learn the Geck but nearly all the tutorials are about building a cell and making people to populate it. Not tweaking the combat.

I gave you a reply in the geck thread about modding templates for creatures.

I'm actually working on a template mod right now for the lvl 100 mod but I still have a long way to go. Havent even started on the creature templates yet but I am almost finished with the NPC side. hundreds of edits to just get the basic hit points/lvls up. Modding the creature stats is basically the same as the NPC templates. Currently in my test game I am at lvl 25 and spawning lvl 45 NPC enemies.

I use the MMM increased spawns to so its getting pretty tough.

I'm not a camera savvy guy or would do you a video. You only need to edit one stat. poof done. You just want it to move faster. Animations is modeling stuff. pretty advanced stuff. Most of those guys seem to be gone.

There is probably such a thing as to fast. Frame rates. make small edits.

Edited by deu58

So I will try agian sometime this weekend, the last time I opened the GECKIt looked like I was altering my main game Fallout3.esm I didn't see an option to create a esp... am I thinking about this wrong do I want to alter Fallout3.esm will it auto create an esp

I mentioned this in the geck thread. You dont have to ever worry about modifying the Fallout esm. the new plug is created when you save the edit changes. All edits are saved to the esp. The first time you hit save you will be prompted to first to name your new esp. There is no preselectable option. open the geck, make your edit, hit save and name your esp and thats it. your done

Now, if you decide you want to reedit your esp, next time you open the geck you select your esp in the data table, "select set as active file" for your esp and can edit that.

If you are still having trouble maybe I can try to make a video on with my phone. Or I could try just screen shots. Not sure if they let you upload videos here. Never tried.