Nightingale bow disappears

Corvotius

Hi, first time posting since I can't seem to find any solutions anywhere I'm just completely baffled.

The nightingale bow disappears when I drop it.

I thought it was a specific mod I had but its not. I uninstalled some texture mods I had, still disappears. I loaded into a save I keep for troubleshooting after turning off all my mods. I've made a new character with no mods at all, fresh game, opened from steam so no SKSE, still disappears. I've verified the files, still disappears. Its only the bow, I've dropped the rest of the nightingale set and they're all there.

I am at my wits end, I'm pretty sure I've tried everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump but just to update on the situation. Hopefully someone will have something for me.

Reinstalled Skyrim, still disappears. Instead of adding it to my inventory through the console command giveitem, I tried placeatme, and it was there at my feet in all its beautiful glory but picking up and then dropping it caused it to once again get eaten by the ether. I'm seriously at a loss.

Al I can offer is having read a few posts in passing that suggested that (paraphrasing) "items which fall through the floor, do so because they are missing a ground", as well as references suggesting how to add "a ground" to the item of interest.

Perhaps that bow is one of those items, where the ground was forgotten, or maybe the ground (whatever it is... (some sort of obstructive invisible barrier plane that sits below the item in its nif file?) got accidentally removed on some author edit of his/her code.

I suppose a local navmesh issue might also contribute, (like the rare seam in the world one can sometimes encounter, that peers down to the Chaos Gas...), but I'm totally speculating with that one. And I kinda doubt you just happened on one to cover the "why" of this issue...

good luck

That's the problem. They should not be there. Proper original files are in 'Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa' archive. And if you have actual data\meshes\weapons\nightingale\nightingalebow.nif file, it was put there by *some* mod. Delete or move it. Same for nightingalebow.hkx if you have it. See if the problem is fixed.

That's the problem. They should not be there. Proper original files are in 'Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa' archive. And if you have actual data\meshes\weapons\nightingale\nightingalebow.nif file, it was put there by *some* mod. Delete or move it. Same for nightingalebow.hkx if you have it. See if the problem is fixed.

It worked! Thank you.

There are other files in here, but they don't seem to have the same problem I'll just take that as don't touch it.