Morrowind Resolution Changer seems to be for 32bit only.

trog69

I tried installing it and it had the same issue that many others have complained about; that it doesn't recognize Morrowind if you have it installed on a 64bit system. So my question is, does anyone know how I can either get that program to run on my 64bit system, or is there another program that will work to up-scale the resolution from the ones offered? I have the Morrowind Overhaul also installed, if that's relevant.

Thanks for any help. Morrowind is the only game I've found so far that doesn't scale up to my new monitor's 2560x1440 resolution, and I'd love to play it without the thick black borders along the sides.

It offers me the option of 2560x1440, but when I try the game, all it will allow me is 1920x1440, which is the same as before. I don't understand why it's ignoring my inputted resolution.

Thank you for pointing me to the right MGE file. MGEXE was recommended to me, and I thought that it was included in the Overhaul, but now I know.

If I remember correctly MGE or a form of it is included with the Overhaul. I'm not sure what to suggest to be honest, my display is 1080p so there's no way I can test anything any higher. Have you tried manually editing the ini file?

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking of buying a 2560 X 1440 144hz GSynd Monitor. Can you tell me if you can't get morrowind to that resolution....can you adjust your Monitor down to the highest resolution that Morrowind can generate without black bars?

And if so, how does it look ?