Mod idea - Changing the look of common armors

zer0huj

So I was thinking... Most of the common armors in the game don't look like something Geralt would wear.

Many of them are too colorful or make Geralt look fat. I know that there's a Witcher 2 gear mod that swaps them to the armors from the second game and I am using it but I have 2 main problems with it. First - the armors don't fit into the style of Witcher 3 and kinda look out of place especially in comparison with witcher sets. Second - the textures are from Witcher 2 so they are much lower quality than the rest of the game.

My idea is to retexture the vanilla colorful armors and give them darker colors, for example brown, gray or black and change the models of the "fat" armors the same way as the Slimmer Griffin Armor mod changes the models of the griffin armors. Changing the golden parts of those armors to silver/steel would also improve them in my opinion. Similiar changes could also be made to the common pants, gloves and boots.

I know that changing the models is not easy and takes a lot of time, I would have done it myself if i could. It's just my idea that i felt a need o share with others.

What do you people think?

(Also sorry if I mispelled something, english is not my native language.)

• 8 months later...