Morph Helms/Hair for Khajiit & Argonians

Hello everyone! I am trying to convert some existing hairs/helms I have to fit Khajiits and Argonians, but I'm running into a wall. I'm sure there is probably some information out there already, but since this game is so old, google doesn't turn up much for me unfortunately. I'm at least somewhat competent with blender & nifskope, but if anyone could either walk me through how to do this, or point me in the direction of a tutorial, that would be great!

The only solution I can suggest is re-exporting your nif with blender 2.49b, you can find it on nexus. On latest versions skin partition for head doesn't work for me for unknown reasons. I can do mesh on any blender version but partition will only work after exporting from 2.49b. And sometimes it accept only one mesh for heads, so you need to merge them with ctrl+j before export, but maybe it's just me, because glitches with nif scripts are rich and individual.

Edited by Guest

I have blender and know how to export meshes normally, but unfortunately that doesn't really answer my question. I guess to be more specific, I am looking on how to create .egm files and what all I need to do with the .nif before I even get to that point.

Like right now, I have a mesh that fits the human (aka non beast races) head fine, but it doesn't "work" for argonians or khajiit. What I'm trying to do is morph that existing mesh where it fits the beast race heads w/o clipping like crazy.

I have blender and know how to export meshes normally, but unfortunately that doesn't really answer my question. I guess to be more specific, I am looking on how to create .egm files and what all I need to do with the .nif before I even get to that point.

Like right now, I have a mesh that fits the human (aka non beast races) head fine, but it doesn't "work" for argonians or khajiit. What I'm trying to do is morph that existing mesh where it fits the beast race heads w/o clipping like crazy.

I did see it, but I haven't tried it yet! On step 1 though, it says to:

1.Create your hair/helm mesh to fit the race head you are creating it for. i.e. for an imperial the mesh will fit the headhuman.nif file. The hair model must only use one mesh as the FaceGen morpher can’t work across several meshes.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but wouldn't that mean that I would first need a mesh that goes with the Khajiit/Argonian head? If so, would I just modify it in blender and then use the conformulator?

I guess at this point, I could also just give it a shot and see if anything sticks.

Edited by kingtitan