Is crafting unimmersive +my opinion

EnderDragonFire

Is it unimmersive for the Dragonborn to craft powerful artifacts?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is it unimmersive for the Dragonborn to craft powerful artifacts?

• Yes, totally, you are a wimpy mortal and need to craft like a wimpy mortal!
    • Yes, because it unbalances the game.
    • No, because it is necessary for game balance at higher levels.
    • No, because you are a f***ing Demigod with uber-power!

Crafting...

It has been the topic of many heated debates among the Skyrim community for years, with some arguing that it is good, other that it is bad, and some still undecided. Many people have the problem accepting that the player can create powerful Daedric armor without spending years mastering smithing. I am personally of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with this, and here is why.

Many people cite how difficult smithing is in real life, and how you could not do it without intense training. However, then, do the Daedric Princes create powerful artifacts? Surely they don't spend years working at a forge. No, they do it because they posses great power. And so does the Dragonborn. I think that is the problem many people have, they don't realize how much inherit power the player has.

In Skyrim, when you encounter the Daedric prince Clavicus Vile, and ask him for power, he will respond by telling you that you are already as strong as he is. He will go on to explain that half of his power is stored in his dog Barbas. However, this mean that the player is half as powerful as Clavicus vile, one of the mighty Et'Ada(The Aedra and Daedric princes). And not all princes are equally powerful, and although he is not the mightiest, vile is also not the weakest. That title goes to Peryite, the god of disease, who created the mighty Spellbreaker. So it is not hard to think that you could do the same, with you power.

I will also mention the power known as CHIM, a mysterious art practiced by the Gods. When it was used by a mere mortal, Indoril Nerevar, he became powerful enough to travel to the sun and do battle with the Aedra Magnus, and return to unite the Chimer and defeat the Dwemer, who were the migtiest race on Nirn. When it was combined with the power of the Heart of Lorkhan, it allowed the mortals Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil to become "living gods", who were nearly as powerful as the Daedra.

However, when the power of CHIM was combined with the power of the Dragonborn, Tiber Septim became so powerful he could change the climate with his willpower and command the Numidium. His army quickly overran all of Tamriel, and when he died he Ascended to Aetherius, where he was more powerful than the Aedra themselves.

So this all adds up to a little bit of math.

If (Dragonborn+ CHIM) > (Heart of Lorkhan + CHIM) then (Dragonborn > Heart of Lorkhan)

Meaning that the Dragonborn is very, very powerful indeed, surely powerful enough to craft basic Dremora armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the thing, though. The Dragonborn player character didn't achieve CHIM. The only thing that distinguishes him from the next guy is his Dovah Sos, something that does not grant him godly smithing ability. That leads into the next problem; the Daedric princes did not walk up to Alvor's forge and craft Spellbreaker. The exact process is unknown, but they definitely didn't use a conventional forge like the Dragonborn. I think it makes much more sense to use the Atronach Forge in the College of Winterhold's Midden to create (not craft) Daedric armor.

Recipe:

piece of ebony armor + daedra heart