Help with follower dismissal

RedD

Hello everyone,

it is my first time posting here and I'm welcoming any help you can give.

I have installed a follower mod called Nemain (it's not available anymore) but I cannot dismiss her or told her to wait no matter what, she just keeps following me.

I think she is voice based on Serana but uses a custom follower script.

I can get her to wait using the "need you to do something" function in the dialogue menu but then again she won't follow anymore.

I tried using several console command but, alas, they don't work.

Probably there something that must be done in the creation kit but I'm no expert in dialogue menu or script (perhaps just a stop follow command?).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

I also use UFO (yes maybe outdated and not advanced like other frameworks but I like it due to its semplicity) but not with her due to this bug, I tried her without UFO in the past and I believe she behaves the same.

Got a save with her in it but never talked to, if needed.

there is a console command that can be used to remove a "stubborn" follower (in most cases anyway), but as you might suspect after reading it, it's not "ideal" if you happen to have other followers you don't want unfollowed

set playerfollowercount to 0

I'd recommend using AFT or NFF, and if I were to reinstall the game (and wanted to use followers), and with no disrespect to the author of AFT intended, but I'd pick Nether's (NFF), since it offers more features

Hi!

already tried this command but it doesn't work, it just set a variable to 0 I'm afraid.

Also tried resetAI, enable/disable, kill and resurrect, recycleactor, etc but she just keeps following me or waits.

Don't know for AFT but I did use NFF in the past but the issue is still there with her.

I could duplicate her in the editor, with a new ID, but with new AI and dialogue options.

Transform her in a generic follower, somewhat.

I do like her voice and quotes in the wilderness, though.

removed post. It's irrelevant since you said you tried using NFF on her.

So have you installed her and uninstalled her before? Maybe something just went wrong first time, presuming for a sec that it was a once and done installation and she's never been off-game since you first installed her

I personally prefer this updated version of AFT. I tried NFF and some other, did not like them much.

Now, Followers.... Regular vanilla followers, as well as basic modded followers, they generally are quite simple. For the 'Follow me, I need your help' option to appear, an NPC needs:

Rank 0 in PotentialFollowerFaction ( 5C84D) and a relationship rank 1 or better with player.

I.e. I skip to Riverwood, open console, click Sigrid

addfac 5C84D 0

setrelationshiprank player 1

close console, talk to Sigrid, and there it is, 'Follow me, I need your help'. If I choose that, she gets added to 'CurrentFollowerFaction', and gets assigned a standard follower AI package.

Oh, and since I am running AFT, and AFT watches for this stuff, it includes her automatically into its management system.

Then there are followers who use vanilla hire/dismiss system, and work like regular followers, and are auto-managed by whatever framework you got. But they may have an extra quest or two, a bit of custom dialogue - completely independent of the actual follower mechanics. And you dismiss them, they stay dismissed and go to back to wherever their home base is.

And then you got mod followers who got their entirely own system of hire/dismissal, their own AI packages, and sometimes that stuff just wreaks havoc with vanilla system. Throw in a follower manager and you got a nasty cocktail. At least AFT has sense enough to stay away from followers who did not use vanilla hire dialogue. I.e. Recorder, AFT will not manage her unless you ask it (which would be a bad idea). Vilja flies so far away from vanilla, AFT will not even recognize her as someone manageable.

My point is, mod followers like that, standard vanilla follower console commands will only add to the mess, you want to sort it out, gotta load the mod into CK, potentially reverse compile the scripts, and see what the problem is...

Don't have the skill for that but I tried converting her in a standard follower, easy task and with a different voice, but now the issue is her face is not been loaded correctly.

It seems a standard female face with scar and darker skin, already encountered this problem before, but I don't know why the mod doesn't use the correct meshes, textures, etc...

Well, THAT should be easy to fix.

In creation kit, note the original FormID (8-digit hex number) of the NPC, as well as your duplicate one, including any leading zeros.

Lets assume that in CK, original is 05012AC0, and your duplicate is 05014B07. I will be using those values, but you use with whatever you got.

Replace first 2 digits with 0's: original becomes 00012AC0, new is now 00014B07

Lets assume that plugin file name of this mod is 'Nemain.esp'.

In SSE directory, go Data\meshes\actors\character\FacegenData\FaceGeom\Nemain.esp\ and look for file 00012AC0.nif

If you don't have such directory\file, look for Nemain.bsa in SSE\Data and use BSA extractor to extract that file from it.

Make a copy of this file and rename the copy 00014B07.nif

Now, from SSE, go Data\textures\actors\character\FacegenData\facetint\Nemain.esp\ and look for 00012AC0.dds (extract from bsa if needed)

Create copy and rename 00014B07.dds