purple feet?

gotxbrains

shoeless people have purple feet...

i think it's a mod issue but i can't seem to find the thing causing it...

would it be a texture file or a mesh file?

i feel stupid cuz i can't figure this out :wallbash:

It would be a texture issue. What body mods and/or texture replacers are you using, and does this affect everyone or only males for example?

The problem is happening because for some reason the game can't find "footmale.dds" or "footfemale.dds." When you use body mods, generally the entire body texture is contained in the "footmale.dds" or "footfemale.dds."

In default/vanilla Oblivion, there are four different body textures.. to save typing I'm just going to use 'male' for example. The four body textures would be "UpperBodyMale.dds," "LegMale.dds," "FootMale.dds" and "HandMale.dds."

When talking about purple feet, are the characters clothed or unclothed? If you mean clothed, it could be that you didn't install a mod to convert the default clothing to the new body shape.

Before going and getting a clothing conversion mod, however, I would just check to see if you have a "footmale.dds" and "footfemale.dds" in your folder located here: Data\Textures\characters\Imperial (m and f subfolders). If not, you can just install the textures again.

Edit: I think if it were me, I would completely remove all traces of all body replacers (meshes, textures and plugin file) and try reinstalling them again, just as a first step.

• 2 years later...

I'm experiencing this issue. It only affects some barefoot human men. Some have purple feet, some have solid black feet, and some have the proper foot texture. I haven't installed any mods that affect the male body. I have installed EVE HGEC Stock Armor Replacer (With the body contained in that mod) High res texture pack for HGEC, and High res face textures. Only the face textures contain files that affect men and women.

I've tried extracting the original foot texture, normal map, and foot mesh for imperial men from the Oblivion BSAs and placing them into the appropriate data folder. This didn't help.

Any suggestions?

I'm experiencing this issue. It only affects some barefoot human men. Some have purple feet, some have solid black feet, and some have the proper foot texture. I haven't installed any mods that affect the male body. I have installed EVE HGEC Stock Armor Replacer (With the body contained in that mod) High res texture pack for HGEC, and High res face textures. Only the face textures contain files that affect men and women.

I've tried extracting the original foot texture, normal map, and foot mesh for imperial men from the Oblivion BSAs and placing them into the appropriate data folder. This didn't help.

Any suggestions?

post ur load order in spoiler

post ur load order in spoiler

Oblivion.esm

Harvest [Containers].esm

Knights.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

HrmnsOblivionScriptOptimizationv1.0.esp

Harvest[Containers] - Vanilla.esp

Harvest[Containers] - SI.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Harvest [Flora] - SI.esp

Natural Environment Merged.esp

-I Merged the 4 plugins into one with TES4Gecko

Natural_Weather_HDR_2.1.2_coloroverride.esp

Spell Delete And Item Remove.esp

Specialanims.esp

SetBody.esp

Smarter Mercantile Leveling - Multi.esp

HouseMapMarkersOnlyBought.esp

IWR - Windows Lights Shutters - Optimised.esp

Archery Rebalance.esp

Mighty Enchants.esp

Regenerate Magicka Enchantment.esp

MiniMap.esp

TSRCS.esp

sr_retroactive health.esp

Recastable Summons.esp

EVE_Khajit Fix.esp

EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp

EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp

EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

CCC.esp

Visually Enchanted Merged.esp

-I merged the Visually Enchanted plugins I was using into one .esp

RenGuardOverhaul.esp

SRJIrresponsibleHorses.esp

AFLevelMod.esp

I'm also using OBSE v0020 and -Elys- Level Uncapper

I removed any scripts in HrmnsScriptOptimization that conflicted with other plugins.

I didn't notice any of this until after I tried and uninstalled Kobu's Levelling mod. I made no saved games with Kobu's active and deleted everything involved with it after testing it out.

Edited by MShoap13

Problem: solid violet objects - http://tescosi.com/wiki/PCS:Solid_violet_objects

Gotta run!

--Tomlong54210

I'll give it a try, thanks.

So, none of the utilities that page has listed tell me exactly what foot mesh, or what texture, or the file paths of either, for any of the characters. The only one that tells me anything regarding meshes was Form ID Finder and it only told me the skeleton. :wallbash:

I got NifSkope as well and looked at meshes/characters/_male/foot.nif to ensure that it had the correct file path for the texture, and it did. The skeleton, foot mesh, and foot texture involved are all where they're supposed to be in my Data folders.

All of my mods have their dependent mods installed properly, and I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the ones that modify bodies or animations even though most of them only affect female characters. I believe the only exception is the animation replacer. The purple feet are persistent with or without these mods installed and span multiple characters.

The only viable solutions I can come up with are A) Downloading and installing a male body replacer :confused: or B) Completely uninstalling all mods, deleting leftover files associated to those mods, and reinstalling Oblivion. :facepalm:

Edit: Could this be an ArchiveInvalidation issue? I ran BSA redirection through OBMM once some time ago. It states it only needs to be done once.

Edited by MShoap13