Anomalies, Opportunites, and "glitches"?

Faythnu

I posted this in "Discussions" but then got to thinking that maybe modders might be interested in this as well? I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, you tell me, but here's my post from the other DAO section. If I get any responses to either post I'll know which section I should have put this in? :)

As I play through the game for the umpteeth time, it occurred to me that there are some strange things as well as bizarre instances now and then that raise certain questions?

For example, when Arl Eamon has recovered and the discussions turn to a plan of action, our Arl states he will send out the word against "Loghain and the King." But there is no King. There's a Queen, Loghain is just the regent, at least right then. So, what King is he talking about? We aren't anywhere near the Landsmeet to determine a King. I can't find any text fix that addresses that.

Another example. I'm a Grey Warden, right? Grey Wardens have the power of conscription during a blight. So why can't I conscript Jowan away from the Arl? He doesn't have to join my party. I could assign him a mission to get rid of him. Like recruiting more Wardens or finding other Wardens in Ferelden, or maybe finding out how the joining ritual works, as in how to create the joining potion, since Alistair admits he doesn't know the recipe. Basically, anything to save Jowan (from execution or certain death at the hands of the Circle) but get rid of him at the same time! Maybe this could be unique to a Circle Mage option if the Circle Mage sided with Jowan (friendship) to begin with?

I may add more to this list as I play on, now that I'm actually looking for this stuff. Maybe you've found other things as well?

Ok. Here's another one. The Warden needs to save the Circle. The Sloth demon sends us all into the Fade. In Wynne's dream she stands looking at the lifeless bodies of three mages. Overcome with grief she says, "I shall bury their bones and scatter their ashes". Now, something is wrong here. Maybe she's talking in generalities based on the personal preferences of each mage? The elf, of course, would wish to be buried. Any Ferelden would wish to be cremated. Ok, that makes sense. But bones? There are no bones unless she plans on de-fleshing the bodies. Wouldn't it have been more fitting to say "I shall bury their bodies or scatter their ashes? Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm over-thinking this, but I can't help but wonder about it.

#1) isn't that line, precisely: "I will spread word of Loghain's treachery, both here and against the king"? If it is, then it's perfectly fine

#2) because we can't have nice things, because that will make things nice. And we can't have nice things. Seriously though, if you insist, you will always find situations where "I could have done that, or I could have done this," no matter how story tellers try. This is one such situation. If you get to make every choice you can possibly think of in every single situation, the world would be a perfect place, and it will be an incredibly nice thing. And remember, we can't have nice things

#3) I don't see why that particular sentence has to be taken so literally. You say funny things in dreams, nothing unusual about that. PS: also, it's Wynne; Wynne says funny things.

Edited by DLuf

I suppose. Just thinking out loud. It's kind of like when I started a Dwarf Commoner recently, as I'm trying to escape from what's-his-name's jail, my dwarf says "my warden sense is tingling" just before we are attacked. That struck me odd. Not only am I not a Warden, but I haven't even met Duncan yet. But as you say, odd things happen. Chances are one of my mods caused that to happen, but I am unwilling to remove them all to find out. It's ok.

That one is an oversight. The game picks one of the voice lines for the "enemy sighted" situation, taking into account the type of enemy spotted, and plays it. The "spidey senses tingling" is one such line, and there isn't a check for whether the character has become a warden in the story yet.