placing objects in water

"Hmmm... interesting 'challenge'. Making a collision which touches ground doesn't seem viable to me. As it would require the water to have a specific depth. (or it will stick out to much or look half sunk)"

the depth of the collision in the ground, it seems, can be adjusted by bsConnectPoint with the name P-WS-Origin. But I don't know what "ground" is in the vanilla workshop.

well when i tried the "log" trick i was using for placement in a port /dock near land where depth isnt that much and it would easily touch the surface...

I think the issue is also a keyword issue and the fact that water isnt a surface but an effect with no collision .

Maybe i need to force a placement at a specific " Z" that all ocean height is... but i dont know how to do that..

Do not suffer and put place everywhere. I don't know, maybe one out of 10 people doesn't use it. Nearly 90k endorsements on the Nexus speak for themselves. Everyone who loves to build something in fo4 will inevitably come to place everywhere. )

Never used that mod :laugh: .

Edited by lee3310

"Hmmm... interesting 'challenge'. Making a collision which touches ground doesn't seem viable to me. As it would require the water to have a specific depth. (or it will stick out to much or look half sunk)"

the depth of the collision in the ground, it seems, can be adjusted by bsConnectPoint with the name P-WS-Origin. But I don't know what "ground" is in the vanilla workshop.

well when i tried the "log" trick i was using for placement in a port /dock near land where depth isnt that much and it would easily touch the surface...

I think the issue is also a keyword issue and the fact that water isnt a surface but an effect with no collision .

Maybe i need to force a placement at a specific " Z" that all ocean height is... but i dont know how to do that..

Do not suffer and put place everywhere. I don't know, maybe one out of 10 people doesn't use it. Nearly 90k endorsements on the Nexus speak for themselves. Everyone who loves to build something in fo4 will inevitably come to place everywhere. )

Now that you know about this mod, you can use it too. ) Technically, it not only allows you to place objects, but also binds all console commands to the keys, such as setscale, rotate, etc. Also, you can endlessly drag spline wires, at least through the entire map, if there is a camp, or carry out collisions through collisions. Cancel and enable physics for objects. I don't know how you can build without all this.

Now that you know about this mod, you can use it too. ) Technically, it not only allows you to place objects, but also binds all console commands to the keys, such as setscale, rotate, etc. Also, you can endlessly drag spline wires, at least through the entire map, if there is a camp, or carry out collisions through collisions. Cancel and enable physics for objects. I don't know how you can build without all this.

Just for example Fallout 4 Eden Settlement at Abernathy Farm (Includes Construction) - YouTube . Matter of preferences though, of course.

strange conservatism, but ok, it's basically none of my business. )

no bro i was just clearing up the fact that i do in fact know about the mod you referred to but i simply dont use it and wanted the models independent of other mods so they can be placed...

Ether way solution found but still may need some console commands or a placing mod in some cases since these are pretty large objects...(especially the lander that is as long as 3-4 houses )...

I found the details/settings in G2M's fish farm and bridges mod (old mod) where he used some override and overlap actor values and had origin and max depth on the models . Plus he had checked the nif as "bounding box " and not collision in the ck..(dont know if this matters but i tried it anyways and they all worked )...

Would the z plane for the water height be set/influenced by the values set in the world space?

in that case I would expect all fishing boats to 'float' at an equal height. They don't. Many are different (some are the same (copies? ))

Placing them will match the 0,0,0 of the nif (which is the very bottom of the boat) with the water surface. You need to manually lower it.

Non of the boats have any keyword or script applied.

strange conservatism, but ok, it's basically none of my business. )

no bro i was just clearing up the fact that i do in fact know about the mod you referred to but i simply dont use it and wanted the models independent of other mods so they can be placed...

Ether way solution found but still may need some console commands or a placing mod in some cases since these are pretty large objects...(especially the lander that is as long as 3-4 houses )...

I found the details/settings in G2M's fish farm and bridges mod (old mod) where he used some override and overlap actor values and had origin and max depth on the models . Plus he had checked the nif as "bounding box " and not collision in the ck..(dont know if this matters but i tried it anyways and they all worked )...

Nice work :thumbsup:

Afaict, setting it to bounding box instead of collision affects how a navmesh is generated. So It might have a negative influence for NPC's / settlers to walk aboard. If that's intended. Not sure. Depends on the exact effect the setting will have in this case.