BodySlide Outfits InGame

findjammer

HI All,

I've only just started looking at this mod, so far I've gotten everything working fine.

The body mod is all good in-game, the physics is being applied and working and batch processing all seems to be working fine too. The armor my in-game character was wearing before installed BodySlide has been updated to fit the modded body as well.

As far as I can tell that's everything working as expected.

What I can't seem to figure out or find an answer too is how to get my in-game character to wear the same clothing I have setup in Outfit Studio.

This is entirely stumped me. I'm missing something obvious or a step somewhere along the way.

Is there anything obvious that noobs always get wrong?

Generally speaking, you use Bodyslide to fit/build clothing from mods that match your body model package. Outfit studio, the other half of Bodyslide and Outfit Studio, is used to perform more in-depth adjustments to a clothing resource.

Preset: pick the body model you're using to build your body

Body/Outfit: pick a suitable outfit from the list to fit the the body model defined by the Preset's body model.

then build the outfit item. (or use batch for multiple items)

Yeah I think I'm still misunderstanding something obvious.

I was wearing an Elven Armor of Eminent Conjouring before I installed BodySlide.

I've then gone through the batch processing stuff and I'm a bit confused by the results.

If I put on my original Elven armor, that armor has morphed to the model I'm using but other armour hasn't.

I've since installed the Bikini armour mod - the CBBE version, since I thought that would work better than vanilla game armor. But putting on any Bikini tops also removes my selected body model.

It's all really mixed up and confusing if I'm honest.

It seems some standard game armor has updated, some hasn't, and some that seem to support CBBE out the box isn't honoring my body model settings.

did you install a bikini mod that is 100% compatible with the body type chosen for the player? If you use CBBE-3BA you really should be using only CBBE-3BA clothing and armor that includes Bodyslides and which has been fitted to the body you are using. If BHUNP, BHUNP assets should be downloaded. If CBBE (regular), then CBBE (regular) assets, etc. (that is, "should" for best fit)

1. same body type
  2. armor/clothing you choose to download *should* include Bodyslide defs so it can be fitted. otherwise you get whatever they gave. it might be close, it might be totally different shape than your body.
  3. armor/clothing must be fitted to the body used by player using Bodyslide. (not outfit studio)

In addition, for Female players (and any other female NPCs - ex: followers - you might work on as 'customs' down the road) ...

some players go an extra step regarding the breasts/nipples before fitting armor and heavy clothing. (pert nips just don't produce spikes sticking out of heavy woolen clothing or behind a hard carapace armor in "real life", ya know?

4) optional. a modified version of the naked body model should be created (using the naked body model as the template) that more suits being in armor, so it can be used as the preset for fitting these items and building the heavier armor/clothing items for your player. For females, that means collapsing any nipple protrusion, reducing any "pert" or "puffy" sliders, and modifying the lift, compression and spread of breast to mimic the effect of heavy clothing on the upper body

Basically here, you use the preset that you use for the naked model and saved so you can refer to it later (I name mine with the name of the player it's used on) ex: started with CBBE Curvy...fiddled with slide, saved as "some chick I'm working on - naked".

Now, open preset "some chick I'm working on - naked", tweaking the breasts and nipple as noted above to mimic clothing compression of breasts, then save as "some chick I'm working on - heavy clothes"

Now you have one for nakedness and light clothing, and another for armors so you don't have silly unrealistic nip bumps showing up on a steel armor set...

You need to understand, in general, how the armor/clothing system works.

There are 32 slots, numbered from 30 to 61.

Every piece of armor/clothing is assigned one or more slots. Any given slot can be filled by only a single item.

If you equip an item that includes slot 33 (hands) you automatically unequip any other worn item that includes slot 33. A sort of exception are Calves/Forearms

A character's own body is also an 'armor' that is worn when nothing else is worn. I.e. if no additional slot 33 item is equipped, character 'wears' the default 'Bare Hands' item.

A fully naked character equips:

A body (32) item that also includes calves(38) and forearms(34)

Feet(37), Hands(33), Head(30), Hair(31) items.

A typical hood or open-face helmet is slot 31, so it replaces hair. Helmets typically include slot 42 (circlet) so one cannot wear a helmet and a circlet at once.

Other vanilla 'human' slots are amulet(35), ring(36), shield(39), tail (40), longhair (41), circlet(42), ears(43). This leaves slots 44-61 for various mod accessories.

I.e. 'bikini armors (TAWOBA) collection typically uses slot 56 for 'Abs' (stomach) piece, 57 for 'Cape' shoulder, 52 for panties etc.

But the Top (Chest) piece is almost always slot 32 (body), and the mesh for it includes the body itself.

The reason is that breasts are the most 'jiggly' bit, and having bra and body in the same mesh means they fit each other and move identically.

Which is why you lose all the clothes when equipping a bra. (both are slot 32). You just need all the other 'bikini armor' pieces equipped separately.

The only issue now seems to be it's left my character completely unable to take any hits in combat!! Instadeath on first hit :sad:

Exactly which 'bikini armor' mod you installed?

If you mean this one: The Amazing World of Bikini Armors - CBBE SE , let me break it out a bit.

Standard Vanilla Leather Armor has 4 pieces with following base ratings:: Armor(26), Bracers(7), Boots(7), Helmet(12).

Actual ratings those provide depend on your Light Armor skill and perks. At level 1, no perks, 20 Light Armor skill, 4 vanilla leather pieces add up 58 armor rating.

Looking at the TAWOBA leather set:

32-Bikini Top(1.5)

33-Gauntlets(7)

37-Boots(7)

42-Head Gear(2)

45-Neck Cover(3)

49-Pouches(1)

52-Thong(1)

53-Thigh(2)

56-Abs Guard(2)

57-Pauldron-R (1)

58-Pauldron-L (1)

Wearing every piece possible, same lvl1 character has total armor rating of 38.

A sort of compromise: Remodeled Armor SE CBBE 3BA

Where TAWOBA essentially adds a whole new armor system without changing vanilla, Remodelled (if you choose 'Replacer' option) simply changes the look of vanilla armor, but not its protective ratings.

bhZlFco.jpg