BodySlide Outfits InGame

findjammer

IDK if smithing can be applied to that armor, but if so, time to hone those smithing skills and keep to very low level targets until you level up a bit. As well consider honing enchanting skills to apply buffs. (remembering that a buff is permanent and can't be upscaled by normal means)

IF not, and you're dead set on wearing it instead of more functional armor, you can cheat it using Proteus or other mods (Lazytools has a a limited ability to change armor ratings and class for instance) . Same can be said for enchantments btw. If you do, I'd recommend not going overboard with any such boosts or you're going to make combat pretty boring.

tbh, I'd keep with more functional armor for the first several levels so you can at least survive wolves and such.

PS> there's no sin in running away from an overpowered enemy.

The game is DESIGNED around using smithing/enchanting/perks to enhance armor protectiveness. And if armor at its base is 2X weaker than vanilla, it will remain 2X weaker no matter the effort,, putting player at a strong disadvantage.

To be honest, while one can appreciate TAWOBA author wanting to 'keep it realistic', and making the pieces offer as much protection as the amount of skin they cover, but traipsing around frigid lands of Skyrim in a bikini and high heels does not exactly fit the realism ticket.

I would just go into CK or SSEEdit, and buff the armor a bit. Making any of the 'top' (bikini) items have about 2/3 armor rating of the vanilla chest piece should do the trick. I.e. if leather armor has 26 rating, set TAWOBA leather top variants to something like 17 up from 1.5. Also might want to make the head pieces have as much rating as helmets.

Wadr, thing about using CK is that it's far more intrusive than need be. A simple mod like Proteus solves that by allowing dynamic manipulation of armor ratings, class, name, enchantments, etc. *in-game*

Not saying that's canon, we all know it's a "cheat" but so is modifying armor in CK.

Although admittedly, it's a six of one, a half dozen of the other situation, and either method is fine as long as it gets the job done.

And admittedly, Proteus or another mod that allows in game alterations does use up one more plugin load slot.