Phenderix Magic Evolved Thoughts - Need Suggestions

phenderix

Hello everyone!

I have released a bunch of magic mods over the course of the past two years. I am getting a new gaming laptop this week and I am going to start editing and making mods again. I am considering revamping and overhauling phenderix magic evolved and rereleasing it as phenderix magic invigorated.

I need suggestions as to what you would want in this mod. Please give suggestions of what spells you would like added to the game still and what you would like changed about my mods.

Please list what you do not like about my mods if you have used them before. You can be as mean as you want, I am just looking to improve everything and make the next version as good as possible.

My Current Ideas:

• Next version will require Dawnguard and Dragonborne. (Old version already requires dawnguard)
  • Next version will add summon spells based on Dragonborne dlc and monsters/npcs.
  • Next version will contain over 300 spells.
  • Will work more on improving animations and sound effects.
  • Please give me more suggestions! Thanks!

I played with your first mod quite a bit a while back and really liked all the different options that it gave. At the time I was playing a summoner and there were a ton of crazy summoning spells I enjoyed using.

Since then I've played around w/ Forgotten Magic and I really dig the way that it allows you to sort of evolve certain spells into more powerful versions of themselves as you use them with new added effects to each spell. I know that is probably a tall order for a mod like yours with so many spells, but maybe something not quite as in depth. Maybe where each spell gains more effectiveness as you use it. For instance a fireball type spell gains +1% damage every so often, or a conjuration spell gains 1 second duration every so often, the more you use them. Stuff like that.

I definitely look forward to whatever you come up with for the new mod, as I really enjoyed a lot of the spells offered in Evolved.

I played with your first mod quite a bit a while back and really liked all the different options that it gave. At the time I was playing a summoner and there were a ton of crazy summoning spells I enjoyed using.

Since then I've played around w/ Forgotten Magic and I really dig the way that it allows you to sort of evolve certain spells into more powerful versions of themselves as you use them with new added effects to each spell. I know that is probably a tall order for a mod like yours with so many spells, but maybe something not quite as in depth. Maybe where each spell gains more effectiveness as you use it. For instance a fireball type spell gains +1% damage every so often, or a conjuration spell gains 1 second duration every so often, the more you use them. Stuff like that.

I definitely look forward to whatever you come up with for the new mod, as I really enjoyed a lot of the spells offered in Evolved.

I didn't think about it at first, but I remembered after looking at your mod page again - your mod kind of did something similar, but using the perk system instead of doing it per spell, lol.

Thanks for the post! If you have seen my mod Phenderix Magic Transcended I attempted to do something like that. Each time you use a spell it gets stronger and does more damage among many other scripted things. I thought that was going to be a huge mod and I would keep developing it but it didn't really catch on and didn't make the hot files so not many people know about it.

Avoid copycat spells with no gameplay value; people will just use the best and ignore everything else. Also, SkyRe compatibility is in my experience super important.

Right, I have been including no perk versions to try to enhance compatibility. I could try to add more differentiation between the spells. That is a good idea, just need to figure out how to do that...

I didn't think about it at first, but I remembered after looking at your mod page again - your mod kind of did something similar, but using the perk system instead of doing it per spell, lol.

Ya, you could use perks to increase damage by 15% or 30% I think.

Dont think anyone does this (idea) anyway. Here goes:

Most magic mods have a s#*! ton of spells and the majority are not used. Here is what I would like to see in a magic mod.

Each perk tree talent is a spell. They are unlocked that way. The 4-5 trees (example Destruction) would have a spell you unlock going up the tree, each spell could have 3 total strengths.

So this would be a spell mod meshed with perk mod where you do not use books to learn a spell, you use the talent trees.

There could be 3-5 books in the whole game that have do have really epic spells but very hard to come by or find or win.

A spell mod is not SkyRe compatible unless you make a patch for it.  :smile: My suggestion was something like "Don't just do lots of Summon X and Shoot Y Bolt unless they offer unique gameplay, not just visuals".

Oh, I didn't know that. I will have to look into that then. I am going to decrease the amount of similar spells in my next version, but I do like all the summons and I know some people would get upset if I remove them.

Most magic mods have a s*** ton of spells and the majority are not used. Here is what I would like to see in a magic mod.

Each perk tree talent is a spell. They are unlocked that way. The 4-5 trees (example Destruction) would have a spell you unlock going up the tree, each spell could have 3 total strengths.

So this would be a spell mod meshed with perk mod where you do not use books to learn a spell, you use the talent trees.

There could be 3-5 books in the whole game that have do have really epic spells but very hard to come by or find or win.

Thanks for the post! I will try to add some features like this. You will be able to upgrade some spells using perks. Those are some good ideas.

Most magic mods have a s*** ton of spells and the majority are not used. Here is what I would like to see in a magic mod.

That's pretty much how requiem's spell system works... you get new spells when you get new perks, can pick from multiple spells when you get said perks, get more powerful ones as you get higher ranked perks, and etc. It's actually quite well thought out. I am even working on a project that combines SkyRe's perk trees with requiem, that should include a feature like this with SkyRe's spells! lol

Anyways, to Penderix; Your magic mods are really cool, different, and interesting, but the reason I never actually use them in a playthrough is because they are highly unbalanced. I think your number one priority should be introducing a balanced way to get all the spells, and effective separation of the more powerful from the weaker spells so the more powerful ones are harder to get. being able to spam out ice atronachs back to back at lvl 1 just aint cool bro. Also, making it harder to change between them would feel a bit more balanced, being an ultimate master of all combinations of all elements just feels cheap, finding/working for each one, and then finding out how to combine them and such would make your mod feel TOTALLY epic.

I also think you should have more interesting effects for doubling the same elements, for example fire+fire seems to do about, if not exactly the same as just using fire, when I would think it should create some super-fire move. lolMaybe there is some feature in there like this that I missed, as I said I've never really played around with your mods to much, though I did install and try it out for about an hour or two.