American McGee's Alice

IndorilTheGreat

I loved everything related to Alice in Wonderland, and bought this so many years ago even though I knew my computer at the time could not run it. Gave it away, then finally got it back. I still haven't finished it just because all the platforming bothers me so. But I did post a thread here in other systems or something, unfortunately it seems not many other people remember it as fondly. :(

Omg!!! I remember that game! I love the original Alice in wonderland, and this one I liked, too. I just love her dress with the skull on her back, and those giant boots! But I played it in Russian, but still loved it. The graphics were really good for that time (at least i think). It's really creative talking about the creatures. The giant fishes that will just eat you if you go into the water, and those captain-crabs from the 19th century.

Sorry for the double post, but I've heard that American McGee will make a sequel. I've read the official announce post on his website.

Yay :3

The giant fishes that will just eat you if you go into the water, and those captain-crabs from the 19th century.

Ugh! I hated those fish... However, they could only eat you when you were small. After that, they were non-existent in the game. I actually played this game and beat it again about a month ago. Good like always. My favourite part of the game was "Looking Glass Land" where all the animated chess pieces roamed.

Would say that the best parts were those early on, when the whole game environment kinda shifted. Those kinds of abstract uses of space are just plain hard to do in a 3d world. Unfortunately, most everything after that was too much platformer, not enough "holy crap, that doesn't make spacial sense" moments.

not enough "holy crap, that doesn't make spacial sense" moments.

Carol Lewis wasn't really an author, he wrote books about maths. His books are kind of supposed to make sense. One example: when Alice meets that cat, he disappears, and then he leaves his smile. Then she said: "Hm, weird. I have seen a cat without a smile, but a smile without a cat...?" That is supposed to represent minuses and pluses. You can't have minus 4 sunglasses. That's abstract maths. But I'm sure that you've learned this at school! :)

So his books are kind of supposed to make sense. After all, Alice visits the same Wonderland, only it has changed into something more evil.

Archived