Skyrim together mod messed up my computer

Rewbles

Maybe I did it wrong, but when I launched the skyrim together.exe everything opened up fine, but when I tried to close the game to get controller settings configured the screen was stuck at black, I couldnt close it I couldnt do anything on my computer just totally and completely froze on a black screen and nothing worked to get rid of this bloody screen I couldnt even get to my desktop it just took over everything. Im using vortex and I got all the required plugins I dont know what I did wrong but, this is awful. I had to restart my computer to get it to go away. I couldnt find anything about this upon searching for it. Now my computer is super super slow ever since. I downloaded everything straight from nexus nothing was outsourced. Please help, how do I solve this issue?

There are cases when Skyrim will just freeze - either on a black screen when transitioning or trying to load/save/exit, or just mid-scene in-game. One can start Task Manager via Ctrl-Alt-Del, but if Skyrim in fullscreen mode, it will just not allow any app through. One can use Alt-Tab to see there is Task I personally use a dual-monitor setup, and Task Manager is set to come up on secondary screen, where I can actually use it to kill Skyrim. With a single monitor, a freeze like that can often be handled with a hard restart (i.e. reset button).

But about this:

Now my computer is super super slow ever since.

That is really something else. Skyrim is just an application, so it should not affect anything if you are not running it. One possibility is when you ran that .exe file, it may have installed something in your system area. Which would frankly classify it as malware. At the very least, I would open the Task Manager, be sure 'More Details' is clicked, and see if any processes are consuming an inordinate amount of Memory/CPU

Another cause for that can be an overheating graphics card. It's happened to me multiple times. Sometimes it's been a purple or bright white screen too. Total system lock up. Had to do a hard power off and restart. Also a bad graphics driver can cause the same events. Check to see if you have the latest driver software for your card or GPU chip. Lastly, if you have another graphics heavy game on the system try playing it for an hour when the system is warm. See if same lock up happens with another game. If so, you will know it's not Skyrim or any mod.

Another cause for that can be an overheating graphics card. It's happened to me multiple times. Sometimes it's been a purple or bright white screen too. Total system lock up. Had to do a hard power off and restart. Also a bad graphics driver can cause the same events. Check to see if you have the latest driver software for your card or GPU chip. Lastly, if you have another graphics heavy game on the system try playing it for an hour when the system is warm. See if same lock up happens with another game. If so, you will know it's not Skyrim or any mod.

Thanks for the reply I managed to resolve the issue after restarting and clearing a bunch if empty files, not sure why there was so many. I have an overlay in all my games that shows me my graphics temp, I assure you the graphics card wasn’t close to overheating. Upon restarting and giving it some time it seemed to allow the game to run smoother. Everything works great now expect the mod is not even playable with a friend. But it was a fun thought anyway.

There are cases when Skyrim will just freeze - either on a black screen when transitioning or trying to load/save/exit, or just mid-scene in-game. One can start Task Manager via Ctrl-Alt-Del, but if Skyrim in fullscreen mode, it will just not allow any app through. One can use Alt-Tab to see there is Task I personally use a dual-monitor setup, and Task Manager is set to come up on secondary screen, where I can actually use it to kill Skyrim. With a single monitor, a freeze like that can often be handled with a hard restart (i.e. reset button).

But about this:

Now my computer is super super slow ever since.[/size]

That is really something else. Skyrim is just an application, so it should not affect anything if you are not running it. One possibility is when you ran that .exe file, it may have installed something in your system area. Which would frankly classify it as malware. At the very least, I would open the Task Manager, be sure 'More Details' is clicked, and see if any processes are consuming an inordinate amount of Memory/CPU

Thanks for the reply, I figured out there was a lot of empty files, no idea why, I cleared them all and for some reason it seemed to fix the problem all together. I never had skyrim freeze on me upon starting before. Only happened when I started the mod. After a restart and file clearing and waiting a bit everything seemed to settle down and run fine. This is completely off topic, but the mod is completely unplayable with a friend. Total desync and quests are not able to complete because npcs don’t do anything they’re suppose to. Sometimes they even walk while sitting. It was a fun thought anyway.