Church concept for Fallout 4

First of all...VERY COOL... love it...

Second i agree about the sitting... As a orthodox christian all we were taught is basically when to stand and when to sit... We never kneeled or bowed .

Also note casual sitting had its limitations like no crossing arms etc and hands should be kept on the lap etc...

Basically all they need to do is stand till the Pastor begins the sermon and then sit and again stand and wait till he leaves...to make it all as simple as possible but keep it realistic...

Edited by greekrage

Very cool, did you use ElevenLabs (Prime Voice AI) for the sermon ?

PS

I think a normal sitting idle is more appropriate here, you can switch keyword at the end of the sermon but i don't know an easy way to update the idle without making NPCs leave the furniture (exit enter again).

Actually, the AI voice is from Immersive Reader which comes with OneNote for Windows.

I agree that sit normally during the majority of the sermon would be better, and switch to the prayer animation at the proper time would be so much better. I will have to experiment and see if there is a way to achieve a smooth transition between the two.

I will say that the ElevenLabs AI voices are very high quality.

I'm also interested in a simple way to update furniture idle (without exit/enter). You can try playIdle() on the sited NPCs and see how it goes, or maybe use a package to play the praying (head down) idle on end/start based on condition.

Is it possible to add keywords to the furniture via script. If so, could one add a script to the furniture and toggle the furniture keyword (AnimFurnPraying orAnimFurnChairSitAnims) based on something like a global. Not sure if the NPC would then play the respective animation or not...brainstorming here. Unfortunately, at the moment I can test it as my quest has decided to stop working. Pastor enter the lectern and is suposed to kickoff the quest however, it des not. Haven't been able to troubleshoot why yet.

First of all...VERY COOL... love it...

Second i agree about the sitting... As a orthodox christian all we were taught is basically when to stand and when to sit... We never kneeled or bowed .

Also note casual sitting had its limitations like no crossing arms etc and hands should be kept on the lap etc...

Basically all they need to do is stand till the Pastor begins the sermon and then sit and again stand and wait till he leaves...to make it all as simple as possible but keep it realistic...

Can't argue with the approach but it would be harder to implement, me thinks. I think just doing a normal sitting position for the vast majority of the sermon, then switching to praying at the end will be hard enough. Haven't even figured out how to do that properly yet.

Notes to self:

1) Investigate the usher furniture item as this could add a bit of realism as well, especially if more organized sitting schema can be devised.

2) Investigate ShaunChildHologram/ShaunChildHologramPackage as a means of creating holographic singers behind the lectern.

Also, other posts related to fleshing out this church concept

scripts on furniture / event onsit

[Question] NPC package-related

Is there a way to …

Let's talk about NpcBenchChurchSit01

Butts in Seats

Edited by pepperman35

Very cool, did you use ElevenLabs (Prime Voice AI) for the sermon ?

PS

I think a normal sitting idle is more appropriate here, you can switch keyword at the end of the sermon but i don't know an easy way to update the idle without making NPCs leave the furniture (exit enter again).

Actually, the AI voice is from Immersive Reader which comes with OneNote for Windows.

I agree that sit normally during the majority of the sermon would be better, and switch to the prayer animation at the proper time would be so much better. I will have to experiment and see if there is a way to achieve a smooth transition between the two.

I will say that the ElevenLabs AI voices are very high quality.

I'm also interested in a simple way to update furniture idle (without exit/enter). You can try playIdle() on the sited NPCs and see how it goes, or maybe use a package to play the praying (head down) idle on end/start based on condition.

Is it possible to add keywords to the furniture via script. If so, could one add a script to the furniture and toggle the furniture keyword (AnimFurnPraying orAnimFurnChairSitAnims) based on something like a global. Not sure if the NPC would then play the respective animation or not...brainstorming here. Unfortunately, at the moment I can test it as my quest has decided to stop working. Pastor enter the lectern and is suposed to kickoff the quest however, it des not. Haven't been able to troubleshoot why yet.

I mentioned the fact that NPCs need to exit then enter the furniture again for the new idle to take effect (if you add a new keyword to the object via script).

I only used OnActivate() event (instead of onSit) and never had any problem with it. You attache a script to the lectern with:

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
   if akActionRef == Pastor
      ; your code here.
   endif
EndEvent 

The Furniture is "activated" when used.

Edited by lee3310

I tried the OnActivate and get similar result (i.e., the quest doesn't start). To me this suggests that I have somehow borked up the quest itself or I need something more than PastorAllenSermon01.Start() to start the scene. Funny thing, it worked fine up until after I made the recording. Back to troubleshooting.

Scriptname Bart:ActivateSermonScript01 extends ObjectReference Const
;/Script designed to automatically play a random scene(sermon) once the NPC (pastor) loads into the  
furniture (church lectern).  Script resides on the church lectern.
Special thanks to DieFeM and lee3310 for the assist.
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/12724311-scripts-on-furniture-event-onsit/
/;

Scene property PastorAllenSermon01 Auto Const Mandatory
ObjectReference Property FO4_LecternLightsEnable Auto Const Mandatory
ObjectReference Property FO4_PastorAllen Auto Const

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
	if akActionRef == FO4_PastorAllen
      	; Add addition code to randomly select a scene to play
		Utility.Wait(0.1)
		;
		; Turn the lectern lights on
		;
		FO4_LecternLightsEnable.enable()
		;
		; Start up the scene
		PastorAllenSermon01.Start()
	endif
EndEvent

Yes, start game enabled and run once are both checked. I looked in the log and saw this:

stack:
[ (0C8B7D00)].Bart:SummomPastorOnActivateScript.OnActivate() - "C:\Users\Omega1\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\Bart\SummomPastorOnActivateScript.psc" Line 22
[03/28/2023 - 05:29:23PM] error: (0C96F93C): cannot start scene because its parent quest was not running.
stack:
[ (0C96F93C)].Scene.Start() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (0C8C05C0)].Bart:ActivateSermonScript01.OnActivate() - "C:\Users\Omega1\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\Bart\ActivateSermonScript01.psc" Line 23
When start game enabled being checked I am unsure what this error is telling me.
I do not have any stages in this dialogue quest.
Edited by pepperman35

Yes, start game enabled and run once are both checked. I looked in the log and saw this:

stack:
[ (0C8B7D00)].Bart:SummomPastorOnActivateScript.OnActivate() - "C:\Users\Omega1\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\Bart\SummomPastorOnActivateScript.psc" Line 22
[03/28/2023 - 05:29:23PM] error: (0C96F93C): cannot start scene because its parent quest was not running.
stack:
[ (0C96F93C)].Scene.Start() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (0C8C05C0)].Bart:ActivateSermonScript01.OnActivate() - "C:\Users\Omega1\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\Bart\ActivateSermonScript01.psc" Line 23
When start game enabled being checked I am unsure what this error is telling me.
I do not have any stages in this dialogue quest.

Not sure but i think you will have to reset the quest before playing the scene again. Remove the run once flag then stop(if running)/start the quest before playing the scene.

Nistion can confirm it since he asked about the RunOnce flag.

PS

Did you check if the quest is actually running (with "sqv" cmd) ?

Edited by lee3310