Hotkey Weapons Visable

Arumat

I came up with the idea that not only should the visable weapon be visable but if you have a weapon hotkeyed it should be visable on your character too. Unless you already have something in that slot on your body. If you have a pistol equiped and you hotkey another one it should be equiped on the other side. Or you equip a Super Sledge and hot key another super sledge incase you break it, they would be crossed on your back. At least make it where if you have a pistol equiped and a back weapon such as a Super Sledge hotkeyed you can view both on your character at the same time. I'm sorry if this has already been requested or there is such an existing mod, I wouldnt even know what to search for to find it.

Visible

Cut me some slack it was really late when i wrote this and didnt feel like spell checking it. Still havent been to sleep since I wrote it. At least i didnt write something like HawtKei Waypeeons Visaible I mean that woulda been pretty funny and woulda been more obvious i was either a hick or half way asleep.

What do you have against Ms comma? :P

Anyways, for that sort of thing you need hostler meshes and hostled weapon meshes (no, can't use the same as the weapon mesh, it needs quite some editing: nodes must be renamed, and it needs to be re-rigged i believe).

One of the main stopgags is that it is a per-weapon thing, making the code rather long, and needing compatibility patches for the myriad of weapon mods.

Some have opted for making some hostled weapon meshes that work as armor (no coding no nothing, just something you can wear like clothing), i do not know if any of those has been released tho.

What do you have against Ms comma? :P

Anyways, for that sort of thing you need hostler meshes and hostled weapon meshes (no, can't use the same as the weapon mesh, it needs quite some editing: nodes must be renamed, and it needs to be re-rigged i believe).

One of the main stopgags is that it is a per-weapon thing, making the code rather long, and needing compatibility patches for the myriad of weapon mods.

Some have opted for making some hostled weapon meshes that work as armor (no coding no nothing, just something you can wear like clothing), i do not know if any of those has been released tho.

Weapon meshes you could wear like clothing would be cool, but yeah if someone with alot of experience were to take this mod on I feel that it could be done with little complication.

Do you understand that it would take several weeks/months to do the meshes right?. and that it would still be incompatible with most gun mods, meaning a 1-5 hour work on each gun of each mod to make compatible?.

"Little complication" is not the term i'd use. Please learn to appreciate the work of modders.

Do you understand that it would take several weeks/months to do the meshes right?. and that it would still be incompatible with most gun mods, meaning a 1-5 hour work on each gun of each mod to make compatible?.

"Little complication" is not the term i'd use. Please learn to appreciate the work of modders.

Yeah dude I understand that and a good mod should be expected no less time. So theres no reason to be flipping out and telling me I don't to appreciate modders work, when a good fully scripted mod is expected to take months. So I don't see that as a complication, it's expected to take long a long ammount of time to produce a good mod. I used to make models for FFXI so yeah I do understand the work that goes into these mods. I have no interest in picking the hobby back up, or I would attempt the mod myself.

Archived