[NSFW]What body mod for males these days?

StDrake

Going wild with mods for my second playthrough and that includes the naughty ones. And as far as CBBE was an easy choice (perhaps too easy, someone could probably suggest how to enhance on it, but that's a different topic) then there's still the issue that the vanilla male part makes little sense in animations.

What would people suggest for the body and..details..of the male actor for love scenes these days? I see HIMBO mentionned in a few places and Schlongs of Skyrim, but SOS is offsite and requiring registration to download. I'm sceptical about registering on yet another site, and one with a rather singular interest to top it off. Is there anything else to preferably stay within nexus? Or does everyone just shrug and go "allright, so if I want that kind of content I go to that kind of site"

I use Tempered Skins for Males - SOS lite, but it comes in two parts, one of which is from LL, which I assume is the site you discussed above. It seems to do what I need, and is less taxing on my game than SOS. Maybe those who use the others will come along and give you some insight.

It is what it is. Nexus is not against naughty mods, but some mod authors are not fond of Nexus. And for male genitals, SoS is pretty much the only option. You want it, you gotta get it off LL. I mean, if you are inclined that way, there is a lot more 'fun' stuff there.

What I got installed is SOS SE Full 1.1.4, but it has at its core a .dll SKSE plugin which was NOT updated for AE, so it will not work in versions 1.6.*

There is a 'SOS AE 1.0.3' which is a AE-compatible replacement .dll, but it did not seem to function properly for me.

However, there is a SOS PapyrusUtil mod by Erstam (also on LL) which replaces the .dll with regular Papyrus, making SOS work in any version as long you SKSE/AddressLibrary/PapyrusUtil are up to date.

Look for : "Schlongs of Skyrim AE - No DLL Version 1.1.4". It works very well for me, with added benefit

HIMBO is not required, but it essentially what brings all the benefits of BodySlide for guys. Full body configurability, presets and physics. You install it AFTER SOS, pick SOS options in the FOMOD, and set HIMBO to overwrite SOS files.

For better skin textures, I recommend Tempered Skins for Males, be sure you get the SOS version.