making a custom model into a vertibird landing

Ive made a custom helipad but i want it also to a workshop buildable item hence it has to have the ability to attract the vertibirds to land on it...

I know that a specific keyword is used when designating something as a landing in the ck and linking it with the map marker but what do i do when i want an object to have these properties embedded ?

Edit: made it into an activator and added fasttravelfurniture etc keyword and a fast travel target script ...and will test..

Zv9Nmy.jpg

Edited by greekrage

Ive made a custom helipad but i want it also to a workshop buildable item hence it has to have the ability to attract the vertibirds to land on it...

I know that a specific keyword is used when designating something as a landing in the ck and linking it with the map marker but what do i do when i want an object to have these properties embedded ?

Edit: made it into an activator and added fasttravelfurniture etc keyword and a fast travel target script ...and will test..

Zv9Nmy.jpg

lol im quite aware of that...because i had that issue a while ago...

The problem is getting the vertibirds to land on the pad that has to be visible on the map to be selected...

I also noticed that when i turned into an activator i lost the ability to place stuff on it even though the stackable keyword is in the actor values...

I guess ill wait till PJmail responds since im testing with his birds...and he has experience with the pads...

There is a script for helipads in FPV, if I'm not mistaken.

yes there are 2 scripts with a reference to pads but i cant see what they are unless i extract the ba2 into the game folder...which i was avoiding :tongue:

Edited by greekrage

Why not make a folder on a separate drive and copy the ba2 file there and extract. Then you could use Champollion to look at them.

never used that app...hmmm will do so in the future..

For now i got it to work as an activator using a vanilla script ....

Still cant place stuff on it though...

ywuSxP.jpg

Yup, can't place stuff on activators. Except via snapping - That should work nevertheless.

Why do you need it to be an activator?

Also, the way that the landing keyword works, it must be used on a reflink (from map marker to furniture) - not on the furniture itself.

You could make a script that sets up the reflink from the current settlement's map marker as the pad is placed in workshop.

Furthermore, the Fast Travel script will interfere with the fast travel mat: As the mat is placed/moved, it will move the target to it and the VB will then choose to land there instead of the pad.

And vice versa, as the pad is placed, player will no longer fast travel to their mat, but end up on the pad.

However, if you use the landing keyword, you don't need to mess with the fast travel target at all - The VB will prefer the keyword link, if present.

I think PJ's script does all this, btw. Maybe he can chime in on how to use.