Khajiit Texture Problem.

SiniVII

Yeah I posted a few weeks ago that I had a Male Khajiit texture problem.

The only body mods I use are Roberts Male Fullbody V4 and HGEC, I know they are conflicting with eachother either way as I have no other body mods installed.

So does anybody have a clue how to fix this?

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q212/Shurien/ScreenShot6.jpg

Wow thats quite a few.

Luchaires Tabaxi Race Mod.

Chocolate Elves.

Cute Elves.

Beautiful People. . . Yeah that's pretty much it.

ok, remove beautiful people, that should solve your problem1

I bet the real problem is all Khajiit share same foot texture(footmale.dds) regardless of gender(and it can cause problem with body replacer, if the body replacer simply replaces meshes and textures). Actually, Not just Beautiful People, but using other cosmetic mods with Robert's Male Body plugin can cause same thing. One solution is add bash tag to RM plugin(also bash tag in BP plugin needs to be edited), then make a bashed patch(if you're using Wrye Bash). Or you can use tool like TES4Gecko to make a merged plugin, then use that.

I don't know why, but the Khajiit have been having a lot of problems lately.

That is a strange looking Khajiit. Part human texture and part Khajiit. RT's texture should be in

- Textures/Characters/Khajiit/male/RTfootmale - folder. Check the RTfootmale files are there first.

I just had a look in NifSkope - It looks like the female Khajiit texture is what is being used.

Either you have somehow renamed the female texture to footmale, or your male mesh has somehow been

redirected to the female texture.

Check your male body meshes with NifSkope and reset the path to the texture with the folder configuration above.

(EDIT: the reset the texture would apply if you are having problems with the Tabaxi race)

It may be easier to just open a new copy of the RT male body mod and reinstall it.

Take out the old files from the relevant folders manually first. Then put the new ones in again.

EDIT: 8/06 - Sorry - I was mixing my information. You can check the textures with NifSkope, but if they are in the

correct folder and still mixed up in the game you should check the esp, especially if you have done anything to it.

Load RT's esp witn CS then - Navigate to - Characters/Race/Khajiit/BodyData tab it should read

- foot tab - Characters\Khajiit\male\RTfootmale.dds

btw: Most race mods are also body mods as they contain their own body textures.

• 4 years later...

What I did with this problem was check the male Khajiit texture path. I had four files there. The footmale.dds and RTfootmale.dds were two of them and the other two were negatives. I checked the footmale.dds with gimp and it was the female Khajiit texture. The RTfootmale.dds was the male texture. I just renamed the RTfootmale.dds to footmale.dds and did the same with the RT negative overwriting the other footmale.dds file. I loaded up my save game and it seems to have fixed the problem. This may not work for everyone but it worked for me and it was a simple fix.

Then better check your 'females' now, if using Exnem/HGEC like the OP. The "male/footmale.dds" file is the one the "Oblivion.esm" instructs them to use.

On the other hand, if your males are fine this way now, then Robert's Male ESP settings are not in use by your game anyways, so there's no telling which settings your females will be using either.

In the worst case both genders are using the same files now, the male ones, as is the case with Vanilla Oblivion settings alone.

(And for future reference, it's "normalmap", the thing that makes a flat surface appear structured with light and shadows, not "negative".)