Breast physics work for every woman but Curie :(

CrashMasterJMM

I'm playing in Fallout 4 VR and fI'm having an issue, and as the title suggests... breast/body physics work for every woman in the game, except for Curie's synth body.

I've tried taking off the very little mods for Curie that I've had installed, and played a new game right up to the transfer. I'm hoping there's someone who has experienced this or similar... and or someone who can perhaps make a mod to fix the issue?

I tried looking in the game folder in data/meshes/actors/character and in the file structure of the BA2s to find where Curie is in the game files. As I suspected when I looked in the game folder, none of the character files were there. And oddly enough, in the Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2 file, I couldn't find anything when I did a search for her. :sad: I did make a folder with her name in the meshes/actors/character folder and put all the nif files from CharacterAssets into it, hoping the game would use those as a custom body for her... but no dice unfortunately.

No matter what I try, Curie just has... rock solid Venus de Milo boobs when all other characters don't.

Edited by CrashMasterJMM

• 2 weeks later...

You need a custom body like CBBE for Curie for it to work, I'm pretty sure. If she's using the vanilla body Bethesda gave her (and that IS the case if they happened to make her synth version a different race than the usual humans), then she's lacking the bones for the bounce to activate. Get a physics enabled CBBE and replace Curie's body mesh with it.

You need a custom body like CBBE for Curie for it to work, I'm pretty sure. If she's using the vanilla body Bethesda gave her (and that IS the case if they happened to make her synth version a different race than the usual humans), then she's lacking the bones for the bounce to activate. Get a physics enabled CBBE and replace Curie's body mesh with it.

I have CBBE body installed plus physics mods, and all women including Curie are using the CBBE body, but her physics are just not working. So... I'm at something of a loss on how or what to ask about fixing this. If she's already using the CBBE body, how is she absent the "bones" for physics to work? And if her body has to be replaced with an independent set of CBBE and Skeleton files... what do I do?

In the Creation Kit, Curie's synth body is listed under the traits tab as human so her body aught to be working as all others.

Edited by CrashMasterJMM

Perhaps she's simply wearing a set of clothes that are NOT physics enabled, since the core outfits replace the whole body whenever a character is wearing them. Did you test her while naked? Do the sacrifice and check that out first.

Did it with her naked, and with an outfit that physics are enabled on. Piper and Cait work just fine. No matter what I put on her or take off, her chest is like the statue of Venus de Milo... stiff and un-moving.

You can try the following: Download and install this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26108?tab=files (all three files). It allows you to have different bodies and skin textures for npcs, followers and the pc. The first one will install several different esps. Keep only the one of your liking. I recommend "UniqueFemalePlayerAndFollowersDLC.esp" when you play as female and have all the dlcs. Or if you play as male "UniqueMalePlayerAndFollowersDLC.esp". Delete all the others from your data folder and enable the one you kept. After having installed all 3 files open BodySlide. You will see under "Outfit/ Body" after a bit of scrolling down body options for unique followers and the unique player. With and without physics. Building a body with one the new options (in your case for example "Unique Curie Physics") will create her body with your chosen or custom preset directly in her new folder. (As ever don't forget to hit "Build Morphs"). If your wanted preset doesn't show up under the Outfit "Unique Cury Physics" you will either have to recreate it there and save or you can create a preset with cbbe or cbbe physics and "save as". You get a list of slider groups. Select "Unique Player and Followers" and give it a name. Let's say "Curie". Open "Unique Curie Physics" again, load your preset , check "Build Morphs" and hit create. Now Curie has her own body and it should have physics. If you changed her former preset you then have to rebuild her clothings (that must have the physics, too) in BodySlide. You can do this for the other followers and your player character the same way. This works with CBBE.

If you want to you use other physics like 3BBB or Cherry Hotalings or have a different body type you cannot use the direct export options. Then you will have to create the body into the default folder and copy the "FemaleBody.nif" and the "FemaleBody.tri" from (i hope you are on pc and have the steam version) "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets" to (in case of Curie) "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4\Data\meshes\actors\character\CurieBody". And the same way with all the others you want to create.

I you have "Unique Player", "Unique Player Bods" or "Unique Followers" installed you have to uninstall these first as this mod brings all this with it. Everything that you have built with these mods will be kept until you change it.

Edited by subaverage

You can try the following: Download and install this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26108?tab=files (all three files)...

SO... success... AND failure!

After installing the Unique Player and Followers REDUX mod, and following all instructions, as I wanted to use the 3BBB physics... I messed around after having (initially) ZERO results for Curie, and I found that for some mysterious reason, the game does NOT like letting Curie use 3BBB body physics! When I created a nif/tri using the "CBBE Body Physics" option, she had some physics while naked, but it looked like her boobs were full of a non-Newtonian fluid :sad: and none of the outfits that are physics enabled that I batch built for Curie only (yes with build morphs on) worked with her movement. When I re-created the 3BBB body nif and tri files and replaced them in the CurieBody folder, she was as stiff as a board again.

So... now I know 3BBB is the problem for Curie... but, why ONLY her? That is the question now!

On a side note, I tried to make a nif/tri for her with an adjusted bust size, while all the other followers were normal in comparison, but despite testing this with her naked, her bust size did not change. So, as an experiment, I deleted the femalebody nif and tri files from the "characterassets" folder just to see the results since all the female followers had unique body folders and files now, and oddly, Curie was the only one affected with the results of a vanilla body and funky texture placement. I have since recreated those nif and tri files with bodyslide after and things were put back to rights.

Although it would be nice if I could get this Unique Player and Followers REDUX mod to ACTUALLY let me make unique nifs for each follower... NOW as mentioned above... how do we make the game allow Curie to use 3BBB as it is the better option I've seen so far for physics in both pancake and VR versions?

***EDIT***

upon one other thing I just did... simply pressing build, to save the files to the "characterassets" folder... EVEN WITH Unique Player And Followers installed, THAT is where the game is making her draw her assets from.

There is seriously something wrong with Curie in this game, when a mod that's supposed to give you more control over her via a folder specifically for her assets, isn't working, nor a mod like 3BBB when it works for all but her.

Since I assume Unique Player and Followers REDUX copied the nif/tri files from the characterassets folder to Piper and Cait's folders, that's likely why they still have 3BBB physics when Curie has "vanilla" CBBE body physics.

Edited by CrashMasterJMM

I use Cherry Hotalings physics. 3BBB and others came much later and I did not want to change everything I created. I can only say that with Cherry's physics it works fine and "my" Curie has her own body, too. Even with "Skeletal adjustments". Of course with these physics you only get breast and butt. It seems that 3BBB has some requirements that have to be installed also and I don't know which effects it can have to mix different physics types. I don't use a body replacer like Fusion Girl or TWB and don't know whether these replacers can bring bad results on physics. So 3BBB might be a problem, but still I would believe that in theory it should have to work.

Which version of Bodyslide do you use? Somewhere on Cherry's mod site is statet that versions beginning from 5 can bring weird results on physics. I experienced this myself and it fits to your description what happened to your Curie after using the "CBBE Body Physics".

Edited by subaverage

...Which version of Bodyslide do you use? Somewhere on Cherry's mod site is statet that versions beginning from 5 can bring weird results on physics. I experienced this myself and it fits to your description what happened to your Curie after using the "CBBE Body Physics".

Version 5.31. Oddly enough I had to go to the Bodyslide page to find the "you downloaded this mod file on..." indicator. I couldn't see a version number when I clicked on the info icon. I'll try both upgrading to the latest, AND roll back to a version before 5.anything if I don't get better results and see what happens.

**EDIT**

But, then like a derf... I could have looked at my mod manager for the version too! lol

Edited by CrashMasterJMM