Snap Point for Water

Zorkaz

Does anyone know if there's a snap point related to the water surface? I remember some object only being placeable on the surface but I might be wrong

now youre facing what i faced with the boats i made....

Obviously there isnt a snap type option for water since water is an effect and not an object...

The only thing relevant to placing stuff on water or in it is the keywords .... : restrict to water and allow placement water etc... and giving max sink etc ...

Personally i never solved the issue myself .....leaving the models to be placed using a placing mod...

Yeah there has to be a secret. Otherwise tarberries wouldn't be placeable on water

Im 99% sure that the tarberry has some kind of embedded coding ... I tried using it as a template for my boats but they still wouldnt allow placing on the surface...

The water volumes for the pool in cVc Dead Wasteland do snap. But the points sit at the surface and the volumes are neat little cubes. The tarberries possibly snap because collision layer configs turns water into ground for them?

those water planes are regular nifs with effect textures(like a floor piece _ that snap to something already placed like a foundation thats allowed to be placed in water as long as its touching ground..... The issue we face is on the water surface of the map that isnt an object...

Edit: G2M's fish farming has stuff that is allowed to be placed in the water BUT not too far away from ground... This i believe is the use of the XY override of the bounds keywords that basically extend the objects "reach" to be able to be placed in the water but in reality its still touching ground...

Edited by greekrage